S3/19" Tyres

glasgowdubber

Reaction score
Who's running 19" on an S3. What tyres are you using.

I've been through the tyre posts, but would like to hear particular from S3 owners. They're for my MTM's so I want a good durable tyre, but noise level is a big factor!

I run Falkens, great tyres for the money brother! I've ran toyos/Pirellis, bridgestones, I just like Falkens tbh :wub:

Falkens seem to keep coming up again, and again, it's one type of tyre I've never run. I was gonne stick with the same tyres I have just now in 18s Conti Sport Contact 3? But cheapest I can find is £200 a tyre.

Falkens seem to keep coming up again, and again, it's one type of tyre I've never run. I was gonne stick with the same tyres I have just now in 18s Conti Sport Contact 3? But cheapest I can find is £200 a tyre.

one of the reasons i dont do 19's! id be skint from buying rubber... i do beleive an S3 should be on premium rubber tbh!

I've noticed no major differences in handling, so Falkens for me!

you wouldnt in that DERV! only kidding... never tried falkens but read lots of peoples using them so cant say too much! oh & Michelin PS2 Baloon's ftw:rock:

I run 235/35/19 Goodyears on mine, ive had falkens on cars before and i prefer some quality rubber in contact with the road. After all its the only point of contact. The goodyears are ok but once they are wore out i will probably be going for bridgestones and dropping a size to 225/35/19 to avoid any rubbing.

I'm running Goodyear Assy's on mine in 225-35-19 flavour and over the last 15k they have been superb. Still a 3k left in them but changing in next few week to...............Michelin PSS.

BTW: The Goodyears are £145 + fitting each at Camskills, so not that expensive either.

I'm running Goodyear Assy's on mine in 225-35-19 flavour and over the last 15k they have been superb. Still a 3k left in them but changing in next few week to...............Michelin PSS.

BTW: The Goodyears are £145 + fitting each at Camskills, so not that expensive either.

Camskill out of stock pn the Goodyear F1's - tried them today - guy thinks they won't be in for some time and will probably be replaced with new model. Pity as I hit a pothole at the weekend and now need a replacement...raging as tyres have only done 1-2k and were as new!!

Out of interest what typre pressures were you running in the 225x35x19's?

Cheers

Camskill out of stock pn the Goodyear F1's - tried them today - guy thinks they won't be in for some time and will probably be replaced with new model. Pity as I hit a pothole at the weekend and now need a replacement...raging as tyres have only done 1-2k and were as new!!

Out of interest what typre pressures were you running in the 225x35x19's?

Cheers

Yeah, noticed that's been the case for a few weeks and only realised yesterday that the version 2 is out shortly, hence why they are probably phasing out stock country wide.

I'm running ( and have done since new ) 34psi Fr & 38psi Rr.

And that's what makes the difference with mine, hence why mine rub on the rear with 225's fitted. I have the CKII's and that small diff in offsets makes all the difference.

I have 215 falkens and they're not the best. Ok for show not the best for go.

Toyo R1Rs for summer,and Michelin PS3s for the rest of the year.

I have Continental Sport 3's on mine, they've lasted about 16k miles and need a change soon. Good tyres, but have worn out quickly. On 18's had the Michelin Exaltos and they lasted 22k, same driving style....new tyre choice is hard....Dunlop Sport Maxx seem to be the cheapest branded tyre but reviews aren't great.

Goodyear's are out of stock at most places, but my local fitter said they were on back order till the end of March.

Best prices seem to be about £175 Dunlops, £190 CSC3's, £205 CSC5's.....it's going to be an expensive month!

Ended up going for 235/35/19 Continental Sport Contact 3 (as they have replaced 2, which were standard fit on the S3) They have been great in 18s and couldn't have asked more of them to be honest! Ended up getting 4 for just smudge over £700, so including 4 wheels alignment and fitting will be just shy of £800, not bad I think.

i use goodyear f1 235/35/19 no rubbing
mtm bi motos and h&r springs nice combo............