s2000 filter . your thoughts

dale86

Reaction score
Hi I'm wanting to fit an s2000 filter to my 1.9tdi as my friend has just fitted one to his and has gave him the cooooo coo noise which I'm after. I currently have a pipercriss panel fitted and I'm booked in for a custom map next week so would like to know which one to leave on for that. He said he hasn't noticed no down sides to fitting it as I'm lead to believe that cones suck too much heat in. What's people's thoughts experience with cones filters these are basically a cone paper filter. I so want the cooooo noise as I expected this when I fitted my full.stainless and now I know this will give me it as my mates car is exactly same species as mine.

Coo coo comes from exhaust wadding/packing being absent as defection baffle setup .

The Honda filter will loose you output from increased intake temps .

Reactions: mallorycoombs and pauldazzle
Intake Temps mean very little, you won't see any losses. The air is passing through the turbo which is super hot anyway, the only Temps that matter are the charge Temps which are post intercooler.
Lots of threads in the 8P section on these filters. They are very good and we'll designed. Hurry up and do it already.

Well I have a full stainless dacatted with no boxes at all just tips and hoped for the cooooo noise and never got it and my mate has the same and as soon as he fitted his filter hey Presto he got the coooo. I have a front mount so this should help with the intake temps with custom hard pipes egr delete and a hybrid so I'm looking for the 200 bhp Mark so I may fit an s2000 before mapping then. The is for the replys

You will loose the ram air effect also you will heat soak quicker due to sucking in hot air and heater up your intercooler faster which in turn will effect your power.

Trust me if there was a system to enhance the engine it would be out there and trust me I would have done it myself years ago....... The fact is you can't beat stock and no one as managed it yet.

Best option is to fit a front mount intercooler to the intake system and maybe a silicon intake pipe off the airbox as the stock one is none to collapse under load.