S2000 air filter

willh92

Reaction score
I've seen many people have them fitted on here from reading signatures and stuff. Anyone got a pic of theirs fitted?

Also, is it a simple remove our air box and fit the s2000 cone on the end of the MAF? and job done? Or is there more to it ...

I'm currently trying to find one. My local Auto factors has one but they want £32.00 for it... where's everyone getting them frommmmmmmm :(

Have a read of this, Adam;

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/118673-benjamins-s2000-air-filter-mod.html

HONDA S2000 (AP) Air Filter - BLUE PRINT ADH22236 | eBay

Performance over looks buddy!

Is that going to cut the mustard? Also I've got an AGU A3, so I assume I'll still need the reducer (80mm > 70mm)?

Or this;

Honda S2000 AP11 2.0 Vtec OE Quality Standard Replacement Air Filter | eBay

And yes to the reducer, from reading the thread above...

I think Euro Car Parts do them as well for a decent price.

Just checked they do have it for £18.60

Aah ******!!!

Ebay it is then.

I just called Honda on a whim as theyre only around the corner from my work, and open til 5:30pm. Picked one up for £22.50..

Just need the reducer now :)

I just went direct too Honda for mine £20 all in! I do have a question tho what material are your s2000 filters made of? Not the actual filter but the body of the filter is it hard plastic? If so how do you make it fit an s3 is mine doesn't fit all that well?

I just went direct too Honda for mine £20 all in! I do have a question tho what material are your s2000 filters made of? Not the actual filter but the body of the filter is it hard plastic? If so how do you make it fit an s3 is mine doesn't fit all that well?

Yeah still slips over the maf. I put a small brad of silicone around it to make sure it was sealed properly and cable tied the end to make sure it wouldn't slip off.

See I tried just slipping it over the maf but it doesn't really fit all that well? It's really right and doesn't stay on all that well tbh it falls off! So I have ordered a straight bit of 80mm silicone hose so should be fine soon

For the SAI pipe that is left on show when the airbox is removed, I don't plan on deleting the SAI system, instead I'm going to cable tie to under the come filter and put a smaller filter on the end of it, as provided with Neuspeed induction kit. Does anybody know the diameter of the SAI pipe so I can also buy a small filter for it?

I have fitted my s2000 filter to my AGU into an aluminium heat shield off ebay and its sounds ridiculous when the dv dumps the air. It sounds a bit like a Dyson echoing lol. Also what am I supposed to do with the sensor that was attached to the top of the air box? Not sure what it does lol

I haven't got a diaphragm tho lol its a forge style dv

I have fitted my s2000 filter to my AGU into an aluminium heat shield off ebay and its sounds ridiculous when the dv dumps the air. It sounds a bit like a Dyson echoing lol. Also what am I supposed to do with the sensor that was attached to the top of the air box? Not sure what it does lol
That will be your ignition amplifier so needs to be carefully tied up somewhere..or fasten it to the heat shield you got of ebay,,,,,;)

I may sound thick but what does it do exactly lol. When I unscrewed it from the airbox only half of it came away from the box. Do I need to get the other half out of the airbox. That part looks like a heat sink of some sort. Does it need to be fixed inside the heat shield?