S2 Coupe 2.6 v6

superfly

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here. I have always liked S2 Coupe's. Recently I found one going cheap. However it says 2.6 v6
What sort of power do they put out compared to the 2.2
I have searched but have not found much information on this.
Its 1995
Anybody confirm this, know some stats etc...?

Thankyou
Superfly

:blackrs4:

Lets start from the begining your car is not a S2

All S2 are 2226 20v Turbo Engines(230BHP)

you have bought a Audi Coupe with a 2.6 V6 engine in it(150BHP)

previous owner probably got a bit silly with sticking badges on the car..i hope you did not pay £4k + for it

Should post up some pics of the car.......seen one that resembles what you are talking about on Ebay a while ago is it the same car?

Cheers

Hi Rev-Head,
Thanks for the reply. No I haven't bought it. Haven't even spoke to the owner yet - just saw it advertised today and wanted to find out more about the 2.6 v6. He had it advertised as the S2 which is why I was confused.
The search continues.
Superfly

go on to www.S2forum.com and register go to for sale section and your search will be over

some people dont have a clue when advertising coupe's

If it was me and i had driven miles to see it i would not be happy with the guy

Cheers

I've heard of people buying V6's convinced they are S2's because of the badges and what the seller had told them.

If it hasn't got an I5 and a turbo, it ain't an S2. And to be honest, if you buy one of these without any research and get stung then I'd have no sympathy!

kriswithak said:
I've heard of people buying V6's convinced they are S2's because of the badges and what the seller had told them.

If it hasn't got an I5 and a turbo, it ain't an S2. And to be honest, if you buy one of these without any research and get stung then I'd have no sympathy!
Harsh words, but true.

hello men,, im looking to buy my fiirst coupe,, is there anything i should watch for on day of inspection..

like other guys posted here..... I will be traveling freaken 8 hours of a drive i dont want to be messed around

claims its 6 valve 150BHP 1995 year of manufactor 2.6 petrol

:blackrs4: