S1 tyres

iLikefishing

Anyone tried different tyres to the Bridgestone S001, well that's what came on my S1, Audi fit ? I was tempted to try Uniroyal Rainsport 3 as they were brilliant on my Fabia VRS, I have had Michelin Pilot Supersports on the front for a couple of thousand miles and in my opinion they are better then the standard fits and will be moving them to the back and fitting two more soon unless there are better ????

Gio G

I have Bridgestones on the front and Conti Sport 5 on the back. Personally not hugely inspired by these tyres, especially in the wet or colder conditions. They seem fine in the dry. It seems the S1 suits the Michelin SS better, I wonder whether Michelin PS4 is available? I still have over 5mm left all round, so will look to change out late summer. Also find the road noise terrible in my S1, not sure if it is the tyres..

G

Southern S1

Will be looking to change to Michelin Pilot Super Sports (from the three Bridgestones & one Continental) later in the year. Had Pilot Sport 3s on my Fabia vRS and they were the best tyre I'd had fitted.

Not sure when the Pilot Sport 4 will be available (in S1 fitment) but other sources indicate the Pilot Sport 4S is the replacement for the Super Sport.

Last edited:

iLikefishing

Road noise is high in mine too, think its just due to the 35 aspect ratio, plenty left on mine too was just planning ahead lol. Now I have heard there is to be a 4th version of the Michelins and how good the ones on the front are, in both wet and dry, I think I will have to give them a look too.
Cheers :thumbs up:

lfcrule1972

Winter is coming...
I have Michelin PSS on mine and much prefer them to the OEM Bridgestone tyres, quieter and definitely more planted on the road in both wet and dry......

I've looked for Pilot Sport 4's both times I've changed rubber, the last time I contacted Michelin and they told me they don't make them for the 35/18 fitment on our S1's - I believe if you want to fit 40/18's you can get them though

iLikefishing

I wanted to try Vredensteins after reading some rave reviews about them but similar to the PS4 they are not available in our size.