S1 tyre choice

Ian Whiffen

Reaction score
When I had my wheels upgraded with the ABT ones they fitted the Continental Conti sport xl tyres, with the reinforced tyre wall, like the original audi wheels had. Lots of grip but when you corner hard you can really feel those solid tyre walls come into play. What are people choosing to change their tyres to when they come up for replacement. Goodyear asymmetric maybe? Would be good to hear some advice.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport will be my next set of tyres when my Bridgestone tyres wear out. @Ian Whiffen
DTYME83

Reactions: Huwbert, Ben Mitchell and Ian Whiffen
I wouldn't put Bridgestone back on as I don't think there very good in the wet imo and there quite an old tyre now although there very good in the dry.
In recent tyres tests there come quite low especially in the wet.
Think it be a toss up between Goodyear asymmetric 2's or continental but the new sport contact 6 don't come in a 19" rim.
I use to have asymmetric 1's on my old golf Gti edition 30 and they were brilliant in dry and the wet.
Don't know about the Michelins.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Agreed andy l. The compound on the Bridgstone is too hard hence why they are not the greatest tyre in the wet. @andy l
DTYME83

I've got asymmetric 1 and there just great in wet and dry !

Reactions: DTYME83
Should of said the new continentals 6's don't do 18" rim tyres only start from 19"
Agree with Luc s1 goodyears asymmetric brilliant tyre.

michelin pilot super sports for me !

Reactions: DTYME83