1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S1 suspension drop

Gio G May 13, 2019

1. Gio G

Gio G Registered User

So one of the items that was bugging me on the S1, was the lack of stance from the wheels, they are so tucked into the arches, so just put on 12.5m spacers all around.

No while it looks better, the arch gap seems to be a little more pronounced.. So my question is what have others done reliably? I am looking for subtle drop, not slammed. The local tuner has quoted £500 inc fitting for H&R springs which is a 25mm drop to the front and 30mm back. I might have that the wrong way around..

Thanks
    G

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Gio G

Gio G Registered User

Looks like the options are eibach or H&R for the S1. Anyone have experience of either please?

4. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Grey Man It's my birthday

No experience of S1, but in the Clio 197/200 world I've just come from H&R were considered on the firm side, Eibach more compliant. Slightly less drop on the Eibachs too. I guess it's down to what you prefer.

5. Gio G

Gio G Registered User

So reading online I keep seeing conflicting information suggesting that either Eibach or H&R is more aggressive than the other. Anyone know which of these brands generally have a more compliant ride to factory?

Thanks G

6. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming...

7. Gio G

Gio G Registered User

Thanks, just really want springs, as I have a used car warranty on the car from Audi, so do not want to change the set up too much. I think springs are not too drastic.. Just wanted to see what owners experiences were of those makes..

G

8. ecsk

ecsk Registered User

I read by just changing spring on S1 will upset some kind of electronic for suspension.

9. Silky67

Silky67 Registered User

I was told up to 25mm is OK and still allows electronics to do its stuff ie efficiency/auto/dynamic modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Silky67

Silky67 Registered User

Just put Eibach 20-25mm on mine. Very impressed because firm yet compliant. Not a slammed stance by any stretch but definitely an improvement
    28E34A8C-4DDD-4BF2-B734-E853395BCE7B.jpeg

11. Gio G

Gio G Registered User

Do you have any side views please?

G

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Gio G

Gio G Registered User

Pretty happy with H&R, not sure if will drop further, as I hear they sometimes settle down within a few days.. IMG_6132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisG. likes this.