S1 servicing

Mr Freeze

Reaction score
I am looking at a Audi S1 competition its a 2017 it as done 56k
the owner said it has had 2 services from new which doesn't seem rite to me .
Should the S1 be serviced once a year or are they on longline service .
Also what mileage should the Haldex and spark plugs be changed .

Thanks

All "S" cars are one year or 10000 miles so it shouldn't have been on the long life schedule. It should have had 5 or 6 services by now but plenty of people end up servicing this way - not necessarily a problem if it's otherwise been well looked after. It does sound like this one has been serviced at 20k rather than 2 years OR 20k miles on the long life though so maybe the owner is cheap? :D

Haldex is every 3 years or 30000 miles but it needs doing yearly really and the pump need to be removed to clean the crap off the gauze (which Audi don't do). Spark plugs are done in year 6 / 6th service - can't recall mileage

Reactions: Mr Freeze
All "S" cars are one year or 10000 miles so it shouldn't have been on the long life schedule. It should have had 5 or 6 services by now but plenty of people end up servicing this way - not necessarily a problem if it's otherwise been well looked after. It does sound like this one has been serviced at 20k rather than 2 years OR 20k miles on the long life though so maybe the owner is cheap? :D

Haldex is every 3 years or 30000 miles but it needs doing yearly really and the pump need to be removed to clean the crap off the gauze (which Audi don't do). Spark plugs are done in year 6 / 6th service - can't recall mileage
Just as I thought really with the servicing its in line with my S3 which makes sense just wanted to double check .
The owner said he as no history of the Haldex being serviced and its done 56k which is a worry :grimacing:

Just as I thought really with the servicing its in line with my S3 which makes sense just wanted to double check .
The owner said he as no history of the Haldex being serviced and its done 56k which is a worry :grimacing:
Well, if it's still working then a gauze clean, fresh oil and a pump learn should see it ok. Same as the S3, more likely to kill the pump early than anything catastrophic if it's not done, the diff fluid is separate which helps massively.

Well, if it's still working then a gauze clean, fresh oil and a pump learn should see it ok. Same as the S3, more likely to kill the pump early than anything catastrophic if it's not done, the diff fluid is separate which helps massively.
Still trying to come to a deal so I'll update if I buy it .
Thanks for your help :icon thumright: