S1 Original Tyres

MarkpS3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Returning to this forum after some years away. Previously had an S3 8P but sold it a while back. I'm now looking for a new little hot hatch and have just signed the agreement for an approved used Audi S1 (15 plate).

The little car looks awesome. Unfortunately, given the times, I'm unable to go and view the thing or test drive it so I'm just browsing forums trying to learn as much as I can.

Anyway, back to the question: Can anybody tell me what the original tyre is that these cars should come with as new (make and size)?

I'm looking through the pictures of the one I'm hoping to get and just noticed that it is sporting a set of 'Davanti' tyres. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume these aren't standard. One of the statements on the advert says "Reconditioning with Audi original parts", so maybe I'll try and push to get them changed....unless, of course, anybody has some positive reviews of this tyre brand?!

Thanks,

Mark

Mine came with 225 35 18 Bridgestone S001, replaced with Michelin pilot super sport , IMO the Michelins are better all round. I have never used Davanti so can't comment on those.

Davanti I a brand that Audi dealers fit to their used cars, they're a budget/mid-range (not sure which). Clearly on a hot hatch you want something better! Michelin Pilot Sport 4 / 4S are a great option.

As for factory fit, Audi have used a few different tyres on the S1. Mine (late 2017 MY2018) came with Continental Sport Contact 6 - great tyre, not so great wear rate :D

Congrats on the car!! Never heard of that tyre make, however you probably want a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports, the Bridgestone and conti are ok, however the Michelin are another level of grip..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2018 S1 Sportback which came on the Bridgestones mentioned above on 18" wheels. I don't know what the original tyres are for 17" wheels if that's what you have.
Personally I would have preferred Continental.

Mine came with 225 35 18 Bridgestone S001, replaced with Michelin pilot super sport , IMO the Michelins are better all round. I have never used Davanti so can't comment on those.
Second what is said above. I changed the original Bridgestone to Michelin and it made the car less bouncy. Definitely recommended.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on mine & will be buying these again when required. For my car they are around £15-£20.00 a corner cheaper than the A.O. recommended ones.

Word of warning:

My S1 came with AO 225 35 18 Brigestone Potenza tyres (which handle fantastic in the wet but strangely a bit slippy in the dry). I decided to try something new and a friend (who works at Peugot and drives a Subaru Impreza) suggested I tried Uniroyal Rainsports, fantastic grip he said. Well, had a set of 4 fitted, it was hell, they understeered as you start the corners, then as you apply power and go faster all of a sudden the traction contol kicks in and tryed to overcompensate. End result is I ended up fighting the car round the corner flipping between understeer and oversteer. Immediately ordered a set of Potenza and had them put back, sticking with them, car is very predictable with them.