S1 Ordered!

coddy85

Reaction score
Hi all,

So decision made after some negotiating.

Coming from a 1.8TFSI A3 Saloon and just ordered my S1:

Daytona Grey
Tech Pack
Comfort Pack
Bose
Ally Gear Lever
Folding Mirrors
Hill Hold Assist (is this necessary or can it be VCDS'd?)

All within budget (just) had to push hard to get about 7% off. Also getting a factory ordered amended for me so I should only wait 6-8 weeks.

I never stick with a car long, but I feel this might be one to capture the heart, had so much fun with the S1, particularly launching out of roundabouts and down the B-Roads.

I've had conversations about "why not ditch the tech pack and get the styling pack" but to be honest, I prefer the real sleeper look and the S Sport seats just aren't good enough, unlike the S3's. Plus the connect function is so damn useful.

I could have had a discounted stock car but they all had the same spec (Just S Sport seats and no Sat Nav or premium sounds) but they only had Sepang or Vegas, neither colour really tickled my fancy.

So, here comes the wait! Been excited since I drove it!

I'll be spending my time on the A1 forum no doubt!

Reactions: josedebardi
Nice one mate, just got my brand new s1 two days ago.
I got the Quattro external pack, privacy glass, flat bottom steering wheel, Bose and sepang blue paint.
Only think I'd wish I got extra was sat nav but there's a sd card holder in car so can retro fit.
Enjoy mine took over 5 months.

Nice one mate, just got my brand new s1 two days ago.
I got the Quattro external pack, privacy glass, flat bottom steering wheel, Bose and sepang blue paint.
Only think I'd wish I got extra was sat nav but there's a sd card holder in car so can retro fit.
Enjoy mine took over 5 months.

Is there two SD card holders in your car ?

6 to 8 weeks sounds pretty good.
got a quote from dealer to activate the sat nav via the sd card £560.
Pretty expensive bit think I'm gonna do it.

Got my build week as 18 (4th may) but might come forward. woop!

Just had confirmation that I'm being built from today! Woo!

Also had it confirmed that it will be a 2015 MY so the 2016's haven't kicked in yet. Although I've just noticed it says MY2015 Version 2, must be the connect package as standard perhaps?

Reactions: SamS1 and DTYME83
so you should hopefully see your car in 2/3 weeks
DTYME83

They are saying more like 4-6 weeks, but I'm not fussed either way to be honest. I'm out of the country for much of this month.

They say a lot of things. Mine was build 13/10/2014, it then tuned up first week of November. It depends on whether they can get it on the ship.
DTYME83

Ahh I've got build wk 26 - they expecting the car end of June early July

Dealer didn't expect it so early can't complain! And what's that about the connect package? I can't see Audi giving that as standard they charge enough for the full whack lol!

The connectivity package (bluetooth and AMI) wasn't standard until recently!

Reactions: DTYME83
They are saying more like 4-6 weeks, but I'm not fussed either way to be honest. I'm out of the country for much of this month.

Yeah most likely to buy themselves time. However the moment the car turns up they will want it out so that they can get paid.
DTYME83

The connectivity package (bluetooth and AMI) wasn't standard until recently!
Ahhh I got confused with the technology package lol

Man if these didnt have Bluetooth as standard that would surprise me lol I must of asked the guy 20 times when I ordered about streaming music via Bluetooth as there wasn't no info if it came standard!!

Streaming music via Bluetooth on the Audi isn't the greatest #JustSaying

Streaming music via Bluetooth on the Audi isn't the greatest #JustSaying

Oh isn't it? I just plug my phone in via aux on my bmw but guessing the SD card is gotta be the best option here

SD is cool but be aware it doesn't do hapless play. The problem with Bluetooth is the sound isn't very load and the volume control is both on the head unit and Bluetooth device
DTYME83

Are the sport seats part of the Quattro interior pack
Mine has all the options could not have had it any other way lol

Just had my phone call, my car is in the country! Shame I can't go and pick it up straight away! Pics from the dealer will follow as I requested some as it arrives. Exciting times!

Reactions: SamS1
Just had my phone call, my car is in the country! Shame I can't go and pick it up straight away! Pics from the dealer will follow as I requested some as it arrives. Exciting times!

That's gotta be what you've been waiting for! When are you due to pick up your car?

I can't make it this week otherwise I'd be there! Probably late next week or next weekend.

I can't make it this week otherwise I'd be there! Probably late next week or next weekend.

Look forward to seeing the pictures - let us know when you get it!

e1a39e4233a48ebe879fb25db3869412.jpg
e25130c1c5a2bee1e3fec2d9726096c3.jpg
70260ab84bce25b9771413bc95e2b941.jpg
6aa3d0739b0f89d770fe513e0839c46f.jpg

Dealer sent me these, just teasing I expect!

Yea I hoped I made a good choice. I love the sleeper look. Plus I think the grey makes it look a bit bigger? Maybe it's just me.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Pickup on Saturday before the showroom opens. Hurry up weekend!

Reactions: SamS1 and DTYME83
For the moment, nothing big, I want to experience it as stock as possible for a few thou miles.

What I want to do soon:
- Folding mirror VCDS
- Hill Hold VCDS
- Fit footrest

Long term:
- Retune for 300HP+ would be nice
- Possibly some 18" wheels from another Audi, not decided yet.
- Look into possibility of getting the A3 DIS screen fitted, can't be that hard? (Very unlikely)

402890d512afb6fa3be2a4b7bb7f992a.jpg

I wanted this colour but a) I wasn't gonna wait any longer than the 9 months I had to wait and b) wasn't gonna give Audi 2k for and individual
DTYME83

Oh and we totally need to meet, so we can get the Daytonas side by side (didn't you say you were south east somewhere?)

I'm closer to Eastbourne, but not too far. Would be good to have the stock and the Q look together.

Reactions: DTYME83