S1 order being placed today/tomorrow

ChrisS1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here!

My wife has had two A1 in the past 3 years. Her current is a 2013 S-Line Black Edition, 2.0TDi in Daytona Grey Great car!

However, she's got the itch so we are about to place an order for the following:

S1 (3 door)
Sepang Blue
18" wheels
Privacy Glass
S1 flat-bottom steering wheel.

We need to keep the spec quite basic as she has not much equity in her current car as it is not yet two years old, and we don't want to put too much cash in or raise the payments by too much!

However, we are thinking of removing the 18" wheels, and putting the full Quattro exterior styling pack on. Thoughts please?

We plan to remove the dealer GAP insurance too, as £500 is mad! (We have a quote from another insurer for £150). I don't plan to tell the dealer to remove the GAP until the deal is almost done, as he will probably get the hump as they make good commission on it.

We are probably going to give the service plan a miss, as she had it on the last two A1s and has never kept the cars long enough to even have the first service! (I suppose the risk is she will probably want to keep the S1 for longer...)

Any ideas on how long we will be looking at for delivery?

Many thanks, Chris

the Quattro exterior pack is a must imo. The deliver time all depends on what the dealer has in their allocation, bare in mind that Quattro packs are classed as and exclusive so it does add to the wait time.
DTYME83

Hi Chris, welcome to audi-sport.net. Sound a nice spec. Enjoy the forum. :) x

the Quattro exterior pack is a must imo. The deliver time all depends on what the dealer has in their allocation, bare in mind that Quattro packs are classed as and exclusive so it does add to the wait time.
DTYME83

Hi there,

In your opinion, is the pack a must, mainly to rectify the alloy wheel issue? Our Black Edition has the 18" rotor alloys and the standard S1 alloys are a bit of a let down in comparison.

The reason I ask is because if we don't go with the pack, we will be still be adding the wheels as a separate option.

Thanks

f7ce0426835d7dca2d427fdfa3f6b4a6.jpg

Mainly for the more aggressive look on the front bumper and the red inserts in the headlamps. To be honest I am not a huge fan of the 18" wheels Audi include in the pack

Nice pic. I love Daytona grey and we'd have it again but fancy a change.

Is it a different front bumper with the pack? I thought it was just the red in the lights and the brushed aluminium looking front spoiler on the bottom of the bumper?

Nice!
I notice no quattro decals, did you de-select, or have them removed?

Had them removed post delivery as I think it makes an expensive car look cheap when manufacturers put stickers all over the car. Porsche do it with there GT3 RS and for the life of me I will never understand it.
DTYME83

Had them removed post delivery as I think it makes an expensive car look cheap when manufacturers put stickers all over the car. Porsche do it with there GT3 RS and for the life of me I will never understand it.
DTYME83

So the exterior pack works out quite expensive for you, as you don't like the alloys and you removed the decals ;) :p

well I still have the alloys but they will be being upgraded soon

Reactions: ChrisS1
I think in Sepang Blue, the quattro stickers are black anyway, so aren't that noticeable, so may be pointless?!

The stickers are pointless full stop. The crazy quad exit is enough to let people know that the need to move out the way because a baby Quattro is coming through not to mention the S1 badge on the front and back

The stickers are pointless full stop. The crazy quad exit is enough to let people know that the need to move out the way because a baby Quattro is coming through not to mention the S1 badge on the front and back

LOL, this is not helping now haha.

We could just spec the wheels on their own...

Otherwise we are paying another £595 for stickers, a front spoiler on the bumper, red calipers, rear spoiler.

On the other hand, it is only £595 for stickers, a front spoiler on the bumper, red calipers, rear spoiler.

:) ;) :p

You could spec the wheel on their own bare in mind they come in a different finish, however on a serious note the exterior pack is worth is weigh in gold.
imo you should at things like this "On the other hand, it is only £595 for stickers, a front spoiler on the bumper, red calipers, rear spoiler."
Owners on other forums have regretted not getting the exterior pack. @ChrisS1
DTYME83

You could spec the wheel on their own bare in mind they come in a different finish, however on a serious note the exterior pack is worth is weigh in gold.
imo you should at things like this "On the other hand, it is only £595 for stickers, a front spoiler on the bumper, red calipers, rear spoiler."
Owners on other forums have regretted not getting the exterior pack. @ChrisS1
DTYME83

Thanks DTYME83,

Yes I noticed that the finish is like Daytona Grey on the wheels when specced individually, and black on the quattro pack wheels.

The other thing to consider is the waiting time. The wife is already driving me mad about waiting for it, so if it's quicker without the pack, it may be the decider as it will give my ears a rest!

Tell her to be patient if such thing exists in women lol

See I wasn't a fan of the 18 " wheels so I didn't bother with the quattro exterior kit. I just had the black roofline and sunroof. I did option mine to be debadged but they forgot to do it. I just had keyless entry, tinted windows, super sport seats in Nappa leather, flat bottom wheel and Bose system

Reactions: DTYME83
I am glad I am not the only one who dislikes the 18"s

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian Whiffen
See I wasn't a fan of the 18 " wheels so I didn't bother with the quattro exterior kit. I just had the black roofline and sunroof. I did option mine to be debadged but they forgot to do it. I just had keyless entry, tinted windows, super sport seats in Nappa leather, flat bottom wheel and Bose system

Yes I think the 18" are like marmite. Shame they didn't make 18" which are the same as the 17", just bigger!

Bose is tempting, but we have to stop somewhere! Privacy glass is a must in my opinion!

I like the black roof on yellow combination. Very nice!

Also love the S1 steering wheel.

The keyless entry is a bit temperamental. The doors always open but when you sit inside with the key in your pocket it will turn on but not actually start. I have to take the key out and place it against the steering column

The keyless entry is a bit temperamental. The doors always open but when you sit inside with the key in your pocket it will turn on but not actually start. I have to take the key out and place it against the steering column

Keyless entry (in my opinion) is one of those 'something to go wrong' things. I'm not saying it isn't convenient, I'm sure it is, but I can cope with a normal key and would rather spend the £ on something else. If it was on a stock car I hadn't specced it would be a 'nice to have', but I would probably not tick the box myself.

Keyless entry is sick, however like you said previously where do you stop when it comes to ticking options lol @ChrisS1
DTYME83

They never are until you just put them on the car lol

Haha, this is technically the Mrs' car, as I have a Golf company car. The benefit of this is that the Mrs pays for the S1, but she likes being driven, so it's a win win for me!! This means that she has to be happy with the spec and price though, so have to draw the line somewhere!

Keyless entry (in my opinion) is one of those 'something to go wrong' things. I'm not saying it isn't convenient, I'm sure it is, but I can cope with a normal key and would rather spend the £ on something else. If it was on a stock car I hadn't specced it would be a 'nice to have', but I would probably not tick the box myself.
See I had in on my Clio 197 and it was always brilliant.

Haha, this is technically the Mrs' car, as I have a Golf company car. The benefit of this is that the Mrs pays for the S1, but she likes being driven, so it's a win win for me!! This means that she has to be happy with the spec and price though, so have to draw the line somewhere!

Happy wife, happy life I get that

Reactions: ChrisS1
See I had in on my Clio 197 and it was always brilliant.
It's probably me being old school, just don't mind using a key! On the other hand, if I wanted a car that has no option other than keyless (like the GT86, it would not put me off!)

The S1 is the second Audi I have had with keyless Start option and the 3 years I had my Q5 I never had an issue with it. Now I get mad when I drive a car that I actually have to use the key to start a car. I'm to the point where when I move back to the states my house will have an option like my Audi.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen, ChrisS1 and DTYME83

thats not right , mine is great picks the keys up even from outside the car , great option imo

the quattro packs also add to re sale value and desirability when time comes to sell