1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1 Oil Catch can from Mk7 Gti/R

OCDetails May 31, 2018

1. OCDetails

OCDetails Site Sponsor Site Sponsor TFSI Owners Group Team Sepang Audi S1 Manual

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. AGee

AGee Member

It will fit but you have no way to mount the can without a custom bracket. If you still want to keep the engine cover you will have to trim a small amount for the hoses to feed to the can. DTYME83 has one in his car but he has an aftermarket intake, both Eventuri or APR would allow for enough room.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Gralegav likes this.
  4. OCDetails

OCDetails Site Sponsor Site Sponsor TFSI Owners Group Team Sepang Audi S1 Manual

i would keep the cover yes not fussed about trimming at the front for the pipes though. i have the Revo intake system so could mount it to the side of that potentialy?

5. AGee

AGee Member

Sure potentially, I have seen one guy mount the can on the other side of the engine bay but with cable ties. But better look for a better mounting solution! Not much room either.

6. OCDetails

im sure i can fabricate something up that's more suitable :)

cheers for the info - ive ordered the last one :D

7. AGee

AGee Member

No worries, post a picture once your done with your fabrication, it would be good to see how you mount it.

8. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

Is this an actual need for our cars? I've owned previous cars where it was highly recommended but I've not seen the same clamour with the S1 and the EA888 engine....

Thanks

9. OCDetails

Honestly im not sure tbh, but id rather keep it clean as possible inside as im about to go to revo stage 3+ map from stage 2

lfcrule1972 likes this.
  10. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

Fair enough, I'll be interested to see if you get much in the can if you get one fitted ;)