S1 Launch Tomorrow

Autocar 28th May will be testing the S1, hopefully its their full test with 100s of fact and figures.

Summary

0 - 60 5.9 (slower than spec!)

0 - 100 14.4

Weighed 1365 (better than spec)

Dry circuit

1.17.3 versus Mini JCW GP 1.16.8

Wet circuit (4WD will not save you in the wet, at the limit)

16.8 versus Mini 1.22.7

Dynamic mode (ACC) not suitable for UK roads (test car had 18")

Average MPG 30
Touring MPG 39

Summary

0 - 60 5.9 (slower than spec!)

0 - 100 14.4

Weighed 1365 (better than spec)

Dry circuit

1.17.3 versus Mini JCW GP 1.16.8

Wet circuit (4WD will not save you in the wet, at the limit)

16.8 versus Mini 1.22.7

Dynamic mode (ACC) not suitable for UK roads (test car had 18")

Average MPG 30
Touring MPG 39

So it was quicker in the wet than dry!?

And ACC is not available on the S1/A1?

The Autocar wet circuit is a totally different track to the dry one.

It also claims that magnetorheological dampers are fitted to the S1.

Doesn't really mater as audi have been told to stop test drives and customer deliveries at the moment

Doesn't really mater as audi have been told to stop test drives and customer deliveries at the moment

Indeed, we find out Monday what the reason is... I hope it's not going to be a big delay!

Better from Evo

Four stars

+ Quick, compliant, engaging chassis

- Lifeless steering

In some respects the OPPOSITE of Autocar

Better from Evo

Four stars

+ Quick, compliant, engaging chassis

- Lifeless steering

In some respects the OPPOSITE of Autocar

Autocar also mentions the dull steering. I'm yet to drive any Audi that has good feedback, it's almost like they build lifelessness in! It's been made worse in recent years with the move from hydraulic to electromechanical power steering I have to say.

Ive heard that Audi have suspended hand overs and test drives of all S1's due to breakdowns..

Maybe worth having a word with your dealers

Ive heard that Audi have suspended hand overs and test drives of all S1's due to breakdowns..

Maybe worth having a word with your dealers

As per 3 posts previous - we find out tomorrow what the situation is... I will update this thread with any info.

Oops sorry I should of read the earlier posts

1) This was Audi UK only decision not Audi AG
2) It appears was one incidient with Press car - don't know what it is yet
3) There are / were only 8 cars with customers in country handed / to be handed over so decision was made as easiest option to resolve / check.
4) Should not stop shipping of cars
5) Further updates shoud be shared soon - once validated that it is issolated incident cars should be released.

Update...

1) Impacts cars delivered or built
2) Seems to only be right hand drive cars
3) Replacement clutch pipe and heat deflector to be fitted ???
4) Audi currently checking parts are available for affected cars

Cars in UK will be priority, followed by cars built to ship (these have been held and will be released) - parts will be fitted at dealership as part of PDI .

Update...

1) Impacts cars delivered or built
2) Seems to only be right hand drive cars
3) Replacement clutch pipe and heat deflector to be fitted ???
4) Audi currently checking parts are available for affected cars

Cars in UK will be priority, followed by cars built to ship (these have been held and will be released) - parts will be fitted at dealership as part of PDI .

Slightyl annoyed by this, was supposed to have Aberdeen Audi's demo for 24 hrs tonight, not looking likely right now. Although the team at Aberdeen Audi have been very upfront and kept me up to date.

Audi desktop was updated this morning and there is a campaign out now. It does only affect RHD vehicles. All that is required is a new pipe to be fitted at master cylinder on bulkhead and a heat sheild as the wrong parts was fitted due to a logistics error. Very simple job. Parts will be availble in next few days and will be carried out at PDI.

Audi desktop was updated this morning and there is a campaign out now. It does only affect RHD vehicles. All that is required is a new pipe to be fitted at master cylinder on bulkhead and a heat sheild as the wrong parts was fitted due to a logistics error. Very simple job. Parts will be availble in next few days and will be carried out at PDI.

You get about!

You get about!

Look who's talking! You should see the number of Q5 forums I'm on! Decided to make it just this one and the A1 forum going forward though! The Wife gets grumpy if I spend too much time on the Macbook otherwise!

There is a blue one in Cambridge if you want to see one, Audi near the hospital.