S1 finally arrived

Gothy

S1
Reaction score
Hey guys

After ordering in August, my S1 has finally arrived !

I'm picking her up tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait, hopefully I will have a few moments of sunlight to snap a few more photos tomorrow.

Spec;
Misano red
Sportback
Interior Quattro pack with red elements
Heated seats
Electric mirrors
Cruise control
Tinted windows
Smart key
Rear mats
Bose audio

I'm hoping the salesman keeps his word about taking me out for a spin in an R8 v10 too :p

Last edited:
Reactions: JordanQuattro and ACWKGYTO
Wow congrats still in its wrapper ! Keep the grit bucket valeters away from it !

I have taken loads of photos, I'm yet to covert them to JPEGs and upload them yet.
I have quite a few mobile snaps on Instagram. Checkout my profile and I'll follow back; gothychris

I have bought a new bucket, a grit guard, a new sponge, and some meguiars wash and wax just for the S1. No one washes it but me lol.

I have taken loads of photos, I'm yet to covert them to JPEGs and upload them yet.
I have quite a few mobile snaps on Instagram. Checkout my profile and I'll follow back; gothychris

I have bought a new bucket, a grit guard, a new sponge, and some meguiars wash and wax just for the S1. No one washes it but me lol.

Presume you already have another bucket with a grit guard.....for the two bucket method ?

Ordered in August, why such a long wait? Anyway, it looks like the long wait was worth it, bet you will be living in it for the next few days haha. I looked at a link in the detailing section from a car valeter from Scotland ( I think ) he was cleaning his new fiesta ST, I've never seen anything like it, it took him three days. He used heat lamps, car lifts and about 1000 different shampoos, waxes, you name it and he used it. God only knows how much he wants to clean a car??? Suprised there was any paint left on the car. Will try and find the link again and let you know, it's worth a look for entertainment value. Lovely motor gothy!

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Ordered in August, why such a long wait? Anyway, it looks like the long wait was worth it, bet you will be living in it for the next few days haha. I looked at a link in the detailing section from a car valeter from Scotland ( I think ) he was cleaning his new fiesta ST, I've never seen anything like it, it took him three days. He used heat lamps, car lifts and about 1000 different shampoos, waxes, you name it and he used it. God only knows how much he wants to clean a car??? Suprised there was any paint left on the car. Will try and find the link again and let you know, it's worth a look for entertainment value. Lovely motor gothy!

OCD was into detailing myself, even got into wet sanding orange peel ! Next step insanity

As promised some photos, sorry about the quality my camera photos are too large, so these are mobile uploads.

This car gets so many approving looks from passers by, which is really great :)

It's such a lovely place to sit in too, I really recommend speccing an interior Quattro pack, if you're spending this much it's gotta be nice inside.

I love all the little touches like the LED's in the footwells, on the bose grills, on the bottom of the doors, in the rear of the car, in the door handles. That was a nice surprise, as I hadn't seen an S1 in the dark before purchase.

The bluetooth phone is useful, as is the iPod cable, the spoken commands is new to me and I'm yet to use it.

I should say there is virtually no space for anything in the car though there's only room for the essentials, but honestly who cares? you would buy an S3 if you wanted space.

As for driving, it has made me fall back in love with driving, I just want to go out for a drive all the time.
The grip is immense, you can really throw it about! Talk about a fun little car :)

ACWKGYTO - my mate and I used a proper body shop polisher on my old Fabia vRS with compound polish, its only 2 years old but the orange peel from the factory was crazy.

Oddfin - no idea why it took so long, they tried to fob me off with the delivery date. I got told by adding the interior Quattro pack it delayed it by two months, yet I got an email about the delay before I spec amended the car so someone is lying.

I did end up getting a ride out in an R8 V10 when I picked the S1 up though so that made up for everything :)

Quattro interior pack - Misano red seat backs on grey leather supersport seats.
2015 02 12 080710

It's only got the standard 17" S spec alloys :/ I will be shopping around for some nice 18"s and fresh rubber when the tyres get worn out.

2015 02 16 214027

Front view with folded mirrors
2015 02 12 134954 1

You can see the colour matched panels and colour of the grey leather seats here, the grey is nice actually it lightens up the interior.
2015 02 11 080831

Rear doorcard in leather with red stiching
2015 02 12 080728

S1 kickplates
2015 02 12 080743

start stop button
2015 02 12 080806

Centre console
2015 02 12 080838

Dash
2015 02 12 080848

Flat bottomed steering wheel
2015 02 12 080937

Supersports seats
2015 02 12 081018

Last edited:
Reactions: daydotz, Luc s1 and ACWKGYTO
Very nice indeed !

The ABT 18 inch wheels DR18 are nice, about £1800 though just for the alloys

Reactions: Gothy
Ohh the heated seats are really good, they could probably do with a third setting though.
At the moment it has; inferno, toasty, and off lol.

Just adding to Josebardi's point on his thread about the cruise control.

I found the cruise control hunts at speeds that don't end in a 5 or 0.
For example it accelerates up to the selected speed say 67 it then throttles off slowing down and then gets back on the throttle to reach the set speed. However at round numbers it is as smooth as anything holding a speed perfectly.

My thought is that it was designed/programmed to be able to hold it at these specific speeds ie 60 65 70 etc so it knows what throttle position it needs to do to achieve that speed comfortably. Its almost as if its doing a trial and error thing with other speeds.

Great motor Chris! Love the red detailing inside it all ties in with main colour perfectly. That was a handy tip about the cruise control I will have to remember that one. I ordered a blue car and from what I remember you could only order the interior with red or yellow stitching and inserts etc and thought it wouldn't look right so I left my one all black inside, may be like entering a bunker but I can live with it.
You say that they may have stopped production for a while, you may be right as the salesman told me the other day that my car would be a facelifted version, checked it out and the changes are minuscule but I'm guessing you have the facelift version and that's why you had to wait so long?
Thinking back about the cruise control, I've had other audis that I regularly used it on and never had any issues with it, always worked smoothly at any speed. Maybe some daft new EU regulation?

Forgot to mention that I left the standard wheels on the same as you, a rare sight as almost all I've seen so far have the optional 18s on, I didn't want 18s but wasnt too keen on the 17s as wanted Matt black wheels so was just going to get them painted, not sure what the end result will look like but I will post a couple of pics when complete. Also forgot to complement you on that pic of your car it looks like something from a magazine, Christian smith photography, I take it, that's you?

Great motor Chris! Love the red detailing inside it all ties in with main colour perfectly. That was a handy tip about the cruise control I will have to remember that one. I ordered a blue car and from what I remember you could only order the interior with red or yellow stitching and inserts etc and thought it wouldn't look right so I left my one all black inside, may be like entering a bunker but I can live with it.
You say that they may have stopped production for a while, you may be right as the salesman told me the other day that my car would be a facelifted version, checked it out and the changes are minuscule but I'm guessing you have the facelift version and that's why you had to wait so long?
Thinking back about the cruise control, I've had other audis that I regularly used it on and never had any issues with it, always worked smoothly at any speed. Maybe some daft new EU regulation?

The cruise control is excellent in my opinion and works just fine, so is the black interior quattro pack but each to our own, my car is colourful enough on the outside !

The S1 is the facelift from the start of production..... its the A1 that is being facelifted

So the S1 is the face lift already? Live n learn, shows how much research I do on these things :keule:the sales man actually said, " you are getting the new facelift model" he wasn't lying haha it just sounded as if I bought any earlier it would have been a different model, they are a slippery lot, all part of the job i suppose making you think you have something extra for nothing.
Re cruise control, a couple of the other guys said it didn't work properly?
Re black pack, yes you're right thinking about it, they do a black pack but didn't go for it for some reason, probably the expense or you had to have it with things I didn't want, I can't remember but sure I will be ok with what I've got :smile new:

Congrats on the car, I was a little cautious of the grey seats til I saw them. But after picking up my car I really like the grey and red stitching.

So the S1 is the face lift already? Live n learn, shows how much research I do on these things :keule:the sales man actually said, " you are getting the new facelift model" he wasn't lying haha it just sounded as if I bought any earlier it would have been a different model, they are a slippery lot, all part of the job i suppose making you think you have something extra for nothing.
Re cruise control, a couple of the other guys said it didn't work properly?
Re black pack, yes you're right thinking about it, they do a black pack but didn't go for it for some reason, probably the expense or you had to have it with things I didn't want, I can't remember but sure I will be ok with what I've got :smile new:

The only thing you 'gained' was the connectivity pack (which includes SD nav prep and AMI) is now standard on the S1, it wasn't pre-facelift. But the car itself is the facelift model as you say. More details here http://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/abou ... range.html

Sorry rob, didn't mean for it to sound like a criticism just the expense of the colour packs etc was over my budget, I will only be using the car for a few months of the year at most and didn't even plan on buying a car that expensive but was curious and had a test drive and loved it so reluctantly ordered one, so loading it up with every extra wasn't really practical but I have the basic stuff I wanted, leather, tech pack, comfort pack so that will suffice.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ahhhhh things are beginning to make sense now.
The A1 was recently facelifted, to look more like the S1 from a recent magazine I saw.

That also explains why I got the AMI plug for my iPod and the 2nd SD card slot as I discussed with Josedebardi before, as I was not expecting to get these :)

Oddfin; Yes I'm Christian Smith Photography lol, thank you for the complement, you can check out my work at;

I mainly do photos of drift track days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice indeed !

The ABT 18 inch wheels DR18 are nice, about £1800 though just for the alloys
It's worth phoning them. I spoke to Rich at Richter Sport last year and he was going to do a deal for a set of wheels only for £1175. +vat