S1: Dashcam Ignition Live Source Problem

Chubby Bob

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the site. I have a 2016 Audi S1 which I've owned since October. I've had a dashcam in my past couple of cars, a Roadhawk HD, which I'm very happy with. Normally I just use a "piggyback" fuse connector (the one that fits inline of the fuse) and away I go. On the S1 I first selected the fuse for the rear wiper on the passengers side of the dash (5A rating). When I plug the supply for the roadhawk in the rear wiper doesn't work and I've also tried the fuse for the parking sensor. I've tried various fuses and whatever I plug into stops working - is this a Canbus problem or just too much draw? I've tried both Mini and Normal fuses adaptors to see if that was the issue. My earthing point is good as well (checked with multi-meter). I'm at a loss. My latest idea was to take the lighter socket out and run the cable to the wires but I need a special tool to remove it I've found? Any suggestions welcomed.

Have you tried running the supply down to the passenger fuse compartment and using an empty slot in the fuse block?

Provided your +Ve has an line fuse you should be okay running from a standalone slot and grounding the -Ve as normal.

Cheers

Have you tried running the supply down to the passenger fuse compartment and using an empty slot in the fuse block?

Provided your +Ve has an line fuse you should be okay running from a standalone slot and grounding the -Ve as normal.

Cheers

I don't appear to have any spare slots? Do you have a diagram?

I don't have a diagram to hand. Would you be able to get a photograph of your current set up/ fuse area?