S1 Collection 3 June

Rockall

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New member here - John from the North West of Scotland. Starting to get excited about collecting my new S1 in a couple of weeks' time - Sportback in Vegas Yellow, Contrast Roof, High Gloss Black Pack, Quattro Exterior Pack, Quattro Interior Pack, Comfort Pack, BOSE Audio, SD Card SatNav and Heated Seats. I'm trading in a two year old A4 Avant S-Line Black Edition having discovered that, in their quest for fuel efficiency, Audi have dumbed down their regular models with long, lazy gearing, dull throttle response and woolly steering. The S-Line looks good but, at the end of the day, its just a lazy A4. Looking forward to the more lively S1. Photos to follow.

Reactions: PastS1Owner, Sandra and ChrisG.
Sounds a nice car, I look forward to seeing the pics.

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: Rockall
I am in the same boat but my order has just been updated to show a build week of w/c 6th June. Did you track your build via YourAudi, if so how long did it take from the commencement of the build to it being complete? I assume it's in transit now if it's only a few weeks away?

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your car will be beautiful looking. You'll notice a big difference coming from an A4 BE :yes:

I am in the same boat but my order has just been updated to show a build week of w/c 6th June. Did you track your build via YourAudi, if so how long did it take from the commencement of the build to it being complete? I assume it's in transit now if it's only a few weeks away?

Didn't track the car at all through YourAudi - keeps telling me my log-in details are incorrect when they're not. The car is coming through a Dealer and the lead in time is just over four months. The S1 is now in the UK and will be delivered to my Dealer next week.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your car will be beautiful looking. You'll notice a big difference coming from an A4 BE :yes:

I'm sure I will, spike_s1. Everyone I've spoken to about the S1 is full of praise for it. The A4 was a big disappointment - long, long gears and understeers like a boat when you push on. The regular A4 is no longer a driver's car so I'm converting to the S marque before I get too old for it!

Same as ours apart from the interior pack, have added black rings and wrapped the back panel. You will enjoy it :)

IMG 1417

IMG 1419

Thanks, Moggy. Is that back panel gloss, satin or matt? Mine is booked into the wrapping place immediately after collection and I was thinking of satin like josedebardi's Bumblebeast.

It is satin and was done on the way home from the dealer lol

Just sold my S1 after 15 months with it.
Great little car, fun and an absolute pleasure to own and even though I've got the new tts it's probably more fun to drive.
You will love it!

My S1 has landed at the Dealers, now awaiting its PDI. Only six more sleeps until handover!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: ScottyA and ChrisG.
Looks great. Now for a very long six days!

My S1 has landed at the Dealers, now awaiting its PDI. Only six more sleeps until handover!
Did you get a walk round video from the dealer, ours was hilarious with the salesman telling us "here is the leather seat, here is the steering wheel etc"

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Rockall
Did you get a walk round video from the dealer, ours was hilarious with the salesman telling us "here is the leather seat, here is the steering wheel etc"
Nothing like that yet, Moggy. From our detailed e-mail and telephone exchanges over the past months, I think the Salesman now accepts that I know more about S1's than he does!

Reactions: azibux1