S1 Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement - Advice?

Charybdis

Reaction score
Unfortunately three weeks outside of warranty my clutch master cylinder has gone (it is letting fluid back into the resevoir and the pedal wont return to normal position).

Local Audi Service have quoted quite a lot of hours (and cost) for the fix. Just wanted to see if the only way to replace was via removing the dashboard.

I am worried about dashboard squeaks or other issues if that is the only way.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen (couldn't find any mater cylinder related posts via the forum searches)

Car has driven ~40,000 km (~25,000 miles) and is just over 3 years old. Car is completely stock. Serviced at Audi Dealer as scheduled

Long time lurker, thanks for all the info so far!

I changed mine. Doesn’t need any dash removing. Just needs the metal bracket around the pedals removing and then you can unscrew it from the bulkhead. Very very fiddly on the engine bay side but took me about half a day to change it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed mine. Doesn’t need any dash removing. Just needs the metal bracket around the pedals removing and then you can unscrew it from the bulkhead. Very very fiddly on the engine bay side but took me about half a day to change it all.

Awesome - will see if they can do this. They have quoted for two days worth of time to do it so if it can go down to half a dayish then that would be more palatable.