s1 aluminium gear knob

eric wood

Reaction score
Any ideas were i can get a aluminium gear knob for my s1 been looking online and there crazy money :cry:

I think that they are crazy money nowadays. You could purchase them for around £100 around a year ago, but I think they are double that and even a bit more now!

What kind of price have you been getting?

I got mine from someone on this forum - sadly he seems to have left now though, love mine, looks awesome fitted.

Some prices are over 200 quid found one for 150 but it's black leather not grey like my seats that's if u can get the gatier in the same colour as the seats I don't know I am happy with black if all else fails should of ordered it when I specd the car

I think all the gaitors are in black only. You could get the stitching in a few different colours, although I think the factory colour was all black only - could be wrong. I managed to get the stitching in RS red!

Yes just found out there all black which is not end of world but at 240 quid plus is it worth the money I can get revo induction kit and revo turbo muffler delete for around that price

I paid less than that for mine and ordered with red stitching so I'm v happy. I also looked into the turbo muffler delete but it seemed a waste of money with no real gains....

We're did u get your gear knob from? Yeh read a few reviews about it just wanted to make it sound a bit better rather then mess warranty up and fit exhaust defo gonna go for revo intake kit

I already had a number given to me for this guy yesterday lol , they must have rocketed up in price since u got your one :cry:

Just keep looking. I got one on eBay for less than £80.

What that for a used or brand new one?

£76.77 inc postage.

Silver stitching just like my steering wheel, brand new still in original packing eBay auction. Probably someone that had an S1 never got round to fitting it. Just like me and my old Abarth 500c SS - could have sold my hoard of parts and accessories several times over. I had people from Australia and Hong Kong desperate for the bits.

Matt's suggestion with a choice of stitching seems about the best. New listing on eBay at £159. If not just be patient like me and something will turn up eventually.

Could hardly touch my knob today it was that hot.

Reactions: daydotz and SPIKE_
I make sure my knob is parked in the shade to avoid such issues

No such luck in my car park.

Downer. If it's any consolation this Quattro one isn't as bad as the one in my wife's old FN2 Civic Type R - that was spherical and burned like a...

Driving gloves? Gearstick cover?

My knob's getting pretty hot in this weather too (and mine's black!).

Pun intended, both of them are getting hot and sticky :playful:

Reactions: SPIKE_
Driving gloves? Gearstick cover?

My knob's getting pretty hot in this weather too (and mine's black!).

Pun intended, both of them are getting hot and sticky :playful:
Pmsl Jake. Spilt my coffee. :)

Reactions: SPIKE_
I have one fitted to my S1 such an amazing gearknob

Funny, I also have one fitted in my A3 as well which was in getting work done at my local Audi garage yesterday, and the service guy drove the car round from the back of the building and the first thing he said was I love the gear knob and where did you get it! I then told him it was an OEM Audi part!

They are great looking and really stand out.

Reactions: lfcrule1972
Knob now too cold to touch in this freezing weather.

:D Really? Mine is parked in the garage overnight so I suspect that helps - I love the (gear) knob, even in winter!

Knob now too cold to touch in this freezing weather.

Thinking Audi needs a “heated knob” option - reminds me of how cold our FN2 Type-R knob was!