S1 3" stainless steel catback straight pipes. What to expect?!

Luke radcliffe

Reaction score
Hi all,

My s1 is in having a 3 inch stainless steel straight pipe fitted from the catback, no resonators, and no backbox. What can i expect sound wise noise wise etc? Any pops?

Just as a heads up, it will be valvetronic to 2 backboxes, but when open it will be completely straight through, so I won't be killing myself due to the noise...

VERY VERY loud ....i have a 3 inch cat back with exhaust with two small boxes which is also valvetronic using AWE remote ! most of the pops/bangs come from the remap ... your crazy not having any resonators or backbox hahahaha

To explain it, it's an extremely expensive system in which when the valve is open it runs straight through and the air travels through the two inner tailpipes, but when closed, the air travels to the 2 outside tailpipes which have an individual backbox at each side which will eliminate drone etc for normal driving. Method to the madness ;)

Forgot to mention, it's having quad carbon tail pipes, cannot wait to hear it!!

Attachments

• 15176131803311553471648.jpg
    15176131803311553471648.jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 274
Hi

Message @BCS Nige he knows his exhausts and will probably have a good idea, what to expect.

Cheers

Chris

Mine is exactly the same as yours mate - mine is the same setup as the scorpion exhaust but has four tailpipes instead of two - i also have carbon tips!! you need to make the boxes a decent size or you will get serious drone when the valves are open i can tell you from experience + i have a centre silencer too im actually putting my standard backbox back on in 4-5 weeks because i cant even drive it with the valves open everything rattles like mad

Mine is exactly the same as yours mate - mine is the same setup as the scorpion exhaust but has four tailpipes instead of two - i also have carbon tips!! you need to make the boxes a decent size or you will get serious drone when the valves are open i can tell you from experience + i have a centre silencer too im actually putting my standard backbox back on in 4-5 weeks because i cant even drive it with the valves open everything rattles like mad

Exactly

Neil gets it hahaha! Straight pipe is just ridiculous ....youll end up taking it back to the garage you purchased from saying that the door card/speaker/pan roof/arm rest/front soundaktor are all rattling and they won't bother fixing it

it will be unbearable and you will want it back to a more sensible system after about 1 minute f driving.

Well I had a system done guys and it is straight pipe to 2 of the tailpipes and then has a single valve which takes the air through 2 large back boxes on the other 2 tailpipes.

Profusion customs did the exhaust, best in the market, all 304 grade stainless steel thick pipes as well as magnaflow back boxes, absolutely no drone with the valve shut, and with it open to straight through, it surprisingly isn't as bad as you think. Loud cracks at top of the rev ranges and pops, is absolutely fantastic.

Straight pipe alone would've been crazy, but with the option to shut the valves, I'm completely in love with the system.

Jeeze ....bet it vibrates like mad when valves are fully open lol I'm selling my exhaust setup going back to standard box with no silencers and sports cat ..3 " centre section too