Just picked up the A3 2.0 tdi s-tronic.
Does gearbox need a service?
Is it a diy job?

Also when is cambelt due?

Just picked up the A3 2.0 tdi s-tronic.
Does gearbox need a service?
Is it a diy job?

Also when is cambelt due?

Hiya cam belt should be 80,000 or 5 years for the first change then every 4 years or 80,000 after that. That was the current interval when I was at Audi a few years ago but it might have changed since as they did mess about with the intervals a fair bit. I do mine every 4 years or if the mileage is getting too high.

As for the S-tronic oil I can’t remember off the top of my head what the interval is. It does also depend on the type of gearbox fitted.

Hope this helps however it should all be in the service book at the beginning it can be a bit confusing the way it’s laid out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dsg gearbox oil is due every 40k, its important to do this so if unsure get it done. It can be a diy job if you have vcds otherwise not as the oil needs to be brought to a certain temperature to release the excess after filling.

Cheers for the heads up..... This has never had a belt, also i think audi ised dayco belts at some point my previous a3 a few years ago had only ever been dealers and even that had a dayco belt.

8 years old belt needs to be done regardless of mileage, it’s a must.
DSG oil AND filter is 40k miles and again, it’s a must do now.

Going do both..... Belt first though...... What i want know also..... Is the oil i need only available from audi as its around £166 for oil and filter for s tronic box..... They said i need 6.9 litres.... Does anyone know what oil i need exactly save me buying from the dealers?..... And exactly how much i need.... Looking on some sites, some say 5 litres, some say 7

The dsg gearbox oil is due every 40k, its important to do this so if unsure get it done. It can be a diy job if you have vcds otherwise not as the oil needs to be brought to a certain temperature to release the excess after filling.
THANKS, i have vcds..... Needs to be 35c - 40