S tronic service audi a7 advice needed

Jonesy76

Reaction score
Hi all I have just had a s tronic service oil and filter on my audi a7 2013 3ltr tdi quattro and I can smell transmission oil when put the heating on in my car quite strong but does go then comes back anyone had any similar issues or is this something serious just don't want to cause any damage thanks the car changes gear fine and has oy covered 75000 or could it be spilt oil just burning off .

Update on the a7 went in for transmission service and oil and external filter was changed when I got it home I could smell transmission oil through the csbin vents when warm , so cars been back and had a new external transmission oil filter housing got the car home same again I can still.smell through vents there's no leaks at all as its been checked please has anyone got an idea what it could be.

Update on the a7 went in for transmission service and oil and external filter was changed when I got it home I could smell transmission oil through the csbin vents when warm , so cars been back and had a new external transmission oil filter housing got the car home same again I can still.smell through vents there's no leaks at all as its been checked please has anyone got an idea what it could be.
Are you seeing any fluid leaks under the car (everything is covered by the underbody trays :crying:)
Did the garage (Audi or Indy?) confirm the fume smell?
Are you sure it’s trans fluid and not an oil (or coolant) smell?

John.

I know the garage owner so no probs there and everything underneath is bone dry no leaks anywhere mate it was fine I took it for transmission service oil and filter and only started happing after that they even said the smell was transmission fluid smells exactly the same but only starts when put the cabing heaters on and when the car is warm. I've took it back and they put a brand new transmission oil filter housing on as they can be prone to failing apparently im baffled by it collect is fine and engine oil .

Transmission is sealed unit so it’s very odd that you are getting the smell unless it’s just overspill on the exhaust side that is just burning off. Have you asked them how much they removed and how much was filled back up. ATF oil stinks normally so you should definitely know the difference between engine oil.

Reactions: Jonesy76
Transmission is sealed unit so it’s very odd that you are getting the smell unless it’s just overspill on the exhaust side that is just burning off. Have you asked them how much they removed and how much was filled back up. ATF oil stinks normally so you should definitely know the difference between engine oil.

Yes I know mate the garage is spot on aswell they have had a good look round d no leaks at all mate and I even changed filter house it doesn't do it all the time inmy when transmission oil seems to get to temperate a d its defo transmission oil smell , everything is spot though aswell just baffled now mate as there doesn't seem to be no spillage aswell .

Hi all I have just had a s tronic service oil and filter on my audi a7 2013 3ltr tdi quattro and I can smell transmission oil when put the heating on in my car quite strong but does go and get now then comes back anyone had any similar issues or is this something serious just don't want to cause any damage thanks the car changes gear fine and has oy covered 75000 or could it be spilt oil just burning off .
Hi- my S5 3.0 V6T has had one S-Tronic gearbox oil change in the service history. It's now at 90000 and I reckon I need another. Does anyone know how much, and does it have to be done by Audi? Thanks