S-tronic Question

Sunday night ridiculous question time :D

Do the S3's with s-tronic do the exhaust farts on up & downshifts, like the Golf R DSG does? :think:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2013-audi-s3.181542/page-54#post-2003027

Thanks for digging out that thread BH - there is some classic PA and Paullowther comments on there !

To answer your question - I personally have never heard mine do the farts on downshifts.......it does make a nice throttle blip noise however.

To slightly change the subject - in LC mode the farts are almost non-existent. We have speculated a couple of times that the farts are a customer enjoyment thing and don't help in achieving the best launch / 0-60 time hence in LC mode it's disabled.

Reactions: veeeight
You have to be in S or have the engine noise on dynamic to get them. Not really tested mine with LC, but in S and dynamic it does them on full throttle upshifts.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Martinbanshee, Pulp84 and 1 other person

Having driven both, I think the Audi is quieter inside whilst delivering similar sounds outside.

Having driven both, I think the Audi is quieter inside whilst delivering similar sounds outside.

Wonder whether thats anything to do with the artificial sound generator (soundaktor) on the Golf R's :think:

My s3 certainly does it in dynamic, and it's really quite loud (its got more raspy as i've done more miles.. but still only on 1000). It gets people looking that;s for sure!

And yes agreed that the R is nosier inside

Is there a way to disable the blip in dynamic mode? I like the power but I don't like to attract attention.
Nevermind it, sounds quite good lol

Last edited:
Not in dynamic that i can find, but you can set individual so that the gearbox is in sport mode but the sound is in comfort. I guess that would do what your looking for

The Engine sound option in Individual only affects the soundaktor, and the exhaust flaps.

Upshift farts/burps will still happen.

Re the video in Post #11 - that's a manual, not DSG !

Last edited:
These are DSG upshifts - turn your sound UP !!!

Reactions: j0nny2013 and Liquidfusion-S3
I never did say it was DSG lol

brooom broooom brooooooommmmmmm!!!!! :)

One had made the assumption, that in a thread discussing DSG and exhaust up shifts, it would have been a video of DSG and exhaust up shifts!! :p

Reactions: Pulp84