1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S Tronic gearbox oil service kit review

besters Jan 31, 2021

1. besters

besters New Member VCDS Map User

Hello all,

I wanted share my experience with an S Tronic gearbox oil service I recently carried out with a friend.

I ordered this kit (link below) at the beginning of December and had to wait a week for delivery from Autodoc in Germany. Although this kit isn't genuine Audi I found it to be excellent quality with no fit problems at all. Since doing the service I've done about 50 miles and all is well, gear changes are pretty much the same as before, maybe a little smoother but not much in it. The car had done 39k miles. Saved around £100 over buying genuine.
    Hope this helps others with deciding which kit to buy.

- https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/meyle-8759513.html

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Booboo

Booboo Registered User

Only costs £200 to have it done at a VW dealer. I had mine done.

4. besters

besters New Member VCDS Map User

The dealer only change the oil and 1 filter from what I've read. This kit has the internal filter as well so comes with sump gasket and new sump bolts. Total time to do the whole lot was 2 hours 45 mins including getting the car up and back down. With this full service the cross brace has to come off too.

When did you have yours serviced?

5. Booboo

Booboo Registered User

Oh ok. I had mine done 3½ years ago at my local VW dealer at just over 70k

6. Daves1972

Daves1972 A4 2.0TFSI Black Edition

I’ve just purchased my B9 with S Tronic box , mines due for oil service soon.
    Phoned my local dealer £225 , it I’ll booked in soon