S-Tronic Gearbox advice/help.

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Asking this question for a friend.

Car is a 2012 1.4tfsi, recently had a new gearbox fitted, under Evans Halshaw warranty.

Issue is, when driving alone in D, display shows D and the gear, D6, D7 etc. but when you take your foot off the accelerator the display goes from D6, D7 etc to just D. Put your foot back on the accelerator and it displays the D and the gear number again.

Car drives fine, not hesitation or jerks when changing gears, but the car did not do the above before the gearbox change, only does this in D, not S or Manual.

Is this normal gearbox behaviour, or if not, any idea what the issue is.

All advice/help is appreciated. :thumbs up:

JG

is the drive select in eco?

Reactions: RS5 JON
Does sound like it's coasting in economy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS5 JON and oli356
Just asked him, no ADS but has a "Coasting Mode" which appears to be switched on, he's going to switch this off and let me know if this is the issue.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. :thumbs up: I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

JG

Reactions: Darren92
Just asked him, no ADS but has a "Coasting Mode" which appears to be switched on, he's going to switch this off and let me know if this is the issue.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. :thumbs up: I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

JG

Like others have said It will do it only if it has coasting mode . Just came to supermarkets and I thought I'll try it on Mrs' A3, which is a 2014 1.4tfsi. It did it only on Economy, for all others it was showing D1,2,...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who replied, looks like it is the "Coasting Mode" neither of us knew the car had this Mode. :whistle2:

JG

Reactions: V6_Man
I use comfort in my A5 and it does the same.