S-tronic (7-speed) shifting deterioration?

Perkel

Reaction score
I have a 2015 A3 Ultra COD with 7-speed S-Tronic, and lately the shifting has become slower, when applying more than moderate throttle. It feels like when driving a manual and you ease up the clutch and ease down the throttle, the shifting is prolonged, with no definite biting-point. You can hear the revs slowly working its way down from higher to lower when shifting up, takes between one and two seconds, before going up again (after fully 'biting') due to accelerating.

Before, shifts were more or less instantaneous, and I could feel the bite of each shift.

Still can shift quickly, if I ease off the throttle a bit.

It first started when going from 2:d to 3:rd, but later also on higher gears, and now sometimes even from 1:st to 2:nd.

Is my clutch giving up?

Has it had the DSG service?
Think it’s due around 38k miles.

Or could be clutch is on way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying, it's still about 3k miles shy of 38k miles, but I'll be sure to do the DSG service.

Reactions: BarryG79
My rs3 feels like this.... sometimes I question if the clutch is slipping, but I put it down to it being a dual clutch and the eve faffing around biting on to the clutch

My rs3 feels like this.... sometimes I question if the clutch is slipping, but I put it down to it being a dual clutch and the eve faffing around biting on to the clutch

Now I start thinking what if my nephew tried to launch it when he drove it - as it doesn't have launch control, that would be detrimental wouldn't it.

I was of the understanding the the 7 speed gear box is a dry gear box and doesn’t need servicing?

I’ve read that on here.. something along the lines of it anyway.

Surely all the S tronics are wet clutches. Don’t believe the life long fluid. Service at 38k is the rule but every 20-30k should be the rule.

My dealer said gearbox oil change at 20,000 miles (S3 7 speed DSG).

This was the colour of my stronic oil at 38k when I changed it last August on my rs3
A08DBDC2 4CC6 4F05 9215 804F08BEC305

Will definitely do it every two years or 20k whichever comes first.

Has it had the DSG service?
Think it’s due around 38k miles.

Or could be clutch is on way out.

I had mine done at 37k, felt like a new car after it had been done.

A3 1.4 Ultra 7-speed S-tronic is not the same as in S3 or RS3. It is 'dry box' and in S3 and RS3 it is 'wet'.

I am not sure how it goes. That you have to check from the garage.

I am also lead to believe the dry clutch gear box doesn't and cannot have launch control enabled?