1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S Mode in s tronic

DavidJames96 Sep 26, 2019

1. DavidJames96

DavidJames96 Registered User

Hi!
    What’s the difference between the s mode in the s tronic and dynamic mode? What exactly does the s mode do?
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. allanmb

allanmb Registered User

Searching would have told you this quicker as it has been asked many times already ;-)

Why don't you try it and you can see what it does? Basically it makes the gear lower so you can accelarate faster. It also makes the engine idle slightly higher and I think it also makes the throttle response slightly sportier too. Essentially dynamic is suitable for day to day driving, and S makes it more fun for short bursts. Of course, you didn't say what car this is for, so this is my findings in an S3.

JohnM100, S32B and DavidJames96 like this.
  4. DavidJames96

DavidJames96 Registered User

Haha very true sorry ;P

Great thanks, I just wanted to know if there is a difference in things like throttle response say from driving in manual mode and in S mode.

Yes I’ve got the S3 8v :)

allanmb likes this.
  5. S32B

S32B Registered User

I often throw mine over to S mode at junctions to get out a bit quicker...that's when it doesn't wheel spin :blink: I do miss the quattro at times!

DavidJames96 likes this.