S line Special Editions have started then?

[ QUOTE ]
No offence but you can find a car that is less than 6 months old with 20% off you are not looking very hard.

Guy who owns the ford dealers down the road has just bought the new ML320cdi Sport 3 months old with 4000 miles on it for £37000, it lists for £46000 and has a one year wait at the moment, if he can get that for £9k below list I am sure our Audis loose more in the first 6 months.

All I was saying is you are better to buy a car 3 months old if you are going to worry that you have lost money, let someone else take the initial hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 months - yup, agree there, but as for just driving off of the forecourt? think not

[ QUOTE ]
I know it has nothing to do with the first sale, the customer pays invoice plus vat on the new car.

But what I am saying is this, most dealers find it very hard to pay a customer more for their used car than they can buy one from the factory for, they may actually make more moeny on the said used car, but something always feels wrong about paying more for a used one than you can buy a new one for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to be a moot point Gizze, dealers never pay anything like even the list price, ever, especially if they are buying the car for cash. If some poor sod is in a position where he has to part with his car because of a change in circumstances they rarely pass up the chance to make a quick profit.

Should I mention that IT is my second career - the motor trade was the first? No? I'll keep quiet then.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know it has nothing to do with the first sale, the customer pays invoice plus vat on the new car.

But what I am saying is this, most dealers find it very hard to pay a customer more for their used car than they can buy one from the factory for, they may actually make more moeny on the said used car, but something always feels wrong about paying more for a used one than you can buy a new one for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite so. In general people (those as dumb as me) prefer to buy new, wait a little, and get what they really want. Therefore the incentive to buy nearly new would have to be quite substantial to convince them otherwise, hence the large initial drop.

I'm sure if Audi suddenly halved the production capacity for the A3 it would be different story. I remember the days when Mercs were worth more secondhand than when new. Hell, I remember when Russians were buying up UK Ladas for stupid money because the waiting list was so long back home. Supply and demand, that's all it is.

The story so far! Audi UK have been on the phone to my dealer again yesterday and phoned me back, they told me as it was a franchise dealer there is nothing Audi UK can do for the discount and its down to the dealer.

The dealer phoned me this morning and has told me they cant see the area sales manager budging on the price. I spotted yesterday on the back of my original inoice that if there is a price reduction on the list price then the reduction or partof will be be passed to me at the dealers descretion. If the price reduction does not match the full list price reduction i'm entittled to cancel the contract within 14 days. Im now waiting for them to phone me back.

14 days from you signing the original contract or 14 days from the price reduction??

14 days from notification. They haven't notified me yet as I notified them prices had changed.

Just got back from Audi it didnt look like I would get any money back so they let me cancel the car and reorder it. Which I have done and now added bluetooth, DVD nav, multifunction steering wheel and the glovebox cd changer. For £600 over the original price. I just have to wait for it again now.

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from Audi it didnt look like I would get any money back so they let me cancel the car and reorder it. Which I have done and now added bluetooth, DVD nav, multifunction steering wheel and the glovebox cd changer. For £600 over the original price. I just have to wait for it again now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good result, if you leave the very poor value CD changer off it would only be £280!

Is the cd changer no good then? With the DVD nav can you use the nav and play memory card mp3s still?

RESULT!

Presumably you didn't have to lose your deposit - how did you get around that, just by saying you'd order the new one there too?

Seems they have been reasonably obliging. How did you swing it? Say you'd walk away and lose the deposit?

Good result, just means you have to do all the waiting over again. Haven't got NAV, but afaik you can play mp3s off the memory cards and have nav working fine so the cd changer starts looking like a very expensive glovebox heater.
Alternatively, you could have passed on the nav+bluetooth etc and got craigyb to supply and fit it for around 1/2 the price - do a search in the ICE forum, he seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Well done - persistence pays off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is the cd changer no good then? With the DVD nav can you use the nav and play memory card mp3s still?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, 2 x 1gb Memory Cards at £30 each from Ebuyer enables you to play 32 CDs worth of music.

So £60 to play 32Cds or £320 to play 6 CDs? A bit of a no brainer really.

The latest versions of Windows Media player enable CD's to be ripped into Mp3 format and it even looks up the Album/Track names too.

Nice one mate, that was a good move.

the Nav+ is awesome, I have had it in the last 3 cars and couldn't do without it now, tried living with a TomTom and a Navman iCN510 but didn't like either compared with the new dvd nav+.

Enjoy!

Thats good news about the cd changer/mp3s playing with nav will be cancelling the changer tomorrow then. Overall im very pleased just have to go through the wait all over again.

Did get to see the original car in the showroom and it looked lovely(just not £1500+vat lovely).

I did look into the nav bluetooth upgrade from graigb but the bluetooth seemed like a very hard mod to do so im pleased its all ordered in now.

Anyone know what lead time to be looking at for delivery dates now?

[ QUOTE ]
Thats good news about the cd changer/mp3s playing with nav will be cancelling the changer tomorrow then. Overall im very pleased just have to go through the wait all over again.

Did get to see the original car in the showroom and it looked lovely(just not £1500+vat lovely).

I did look into the nav bluetooth upgrade from graigb but the bluetooth seemed like a very hard mod to do so im pleased its all ordered in now.

Anyone know what lead time to be looking at for delivery dates now?

[/ QUOTE ]

8-10 weeks is quoted, mine arrived in 9

Looks like the £1500 S-Line package is available across the range (bar 1.6 non FSI and 1.9TDI) but the S-Line Special Edition with basically free leather is only available on the 2.0T.

Perhaps they need to sell more 2.0T!

The new S-line spec article on here

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051130.001

doesn't mention suspension lowered further than the Sport, perhaps that is no longer trhe case?