S line Special Editions have started then?

gizze

Reaction score
2.0 T FSI quattro S line Manual £24,520
2.0 T FSI quattro S line Manual Special Edition Manual £23,695

2.0 T FSI S line Manual Special Edition £22,295

2.0 T FSI S line DSG £24,520
2.0 T FSI S line Special Edition DSG £23,690

Everything looks the same, just seems the speecial editions are cheaper and you get full leather rather than the cloth/leather combo.

Per the November price list, S Line option is now £1,550 instead of £1,000 but the exterior styling option is now part of the package instead of a further £950, so effectively a £400 reduction? Not sure if the base car prices have gone up in November though. Wouldn't surprise me!

Still there in the price list as you would hope. The configurator is pants.

Its not in the price list I just downloaded. The 3.2 Quattro is there but no 3.2 S-line. Only the TFSIs and the TDIs.

Perhaps this is in prep for the S3 release. 3.2 S-line being too close spec wise???...

Audi putting the S-Line body kit in as standard seems like a poor move, I really like the body kit's rear apron and spoiler but think the frontal styling is rather tacky - reminds me of a boy-racer Vauxhall Corsa.

If I was ordering now (despite loving my S-line to bits) I'd be pushed towards a Sport with bits.

I don't agree with the inclusion of the s-line styling as standard either - but that's because it cost me extra a couple of months ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Personally I rather like the front, can't see anything "tacky" there at all - to me it simply looks like a 'special' Audi.

We pick our S-line up on wednesday the 30th(ordered begining of Sept). I'm a bit peed off that we paid more for our 2.0T Quattro S-line than the Special edition and we also paid for full leather and the exterior pack(which are both standard on he SE). Which is another 1700 pound on top of our already more expensive car. Even with the 8% off if we ordered it now it would be cheaper to have it at the MRRP I think. Dont reckon we have any chance of more money off but will be speaking to trading standards tomorrow.

Find something wrong with it and refuse it.

Seriously though, have you paid anything more than the deposit?
You must have a case if the price is now advertised for less to get some back?
It is not like you were not prepared to take the car back in September, you said you would have it as soon as it is available and Audi have only been able to supply it after the price drop which means you have a good case for getting it at the new price.
If however the car was ready before yesterday, I don't think you have a chance.

Dandle, speak to Audi UK, they had something similar with the TT a few years back when they suddenly slashed 2k off the price.
They did reinburse many people.

Just worked it our on a calculator I don't know if i'll get anything back as they knocked 8% of the list price which brings my base car without any other extras except the bits to make mine up to the new se spec to £22898.80 inc vat. and the new SE o.t.r. price is £23.695.00.

Without the 8% mine would have been £24890.01. If I had negotiated the deal based on the new SE price I would be £1100 better off. So not as much as I first thought but i'm still not overly happy as I've had to wait three months then pay a grand extra.

The dealer told me next wednesday to pick it up as well by the way.

It's annoying when you pay more than you maybe should have, but tbh it's not worth stressing over it and letting it spoil your enjoyment of the car. You (and me as well for that matter) negotiated a price that you were prepared to pay for your car as specced, and you got it, so it's probably best to let it go at that.
Nearly always in life, someone gets a better deal, or you could have got one by waiting just a couple of months (especially true of computers generally), but if we all worked on that basis, we'd never buy anything because it would probably be cheaper if we hung on just a little bit longer.
Life's too short - go enjoy it and stop worrying about things that you can't really change and in the long run probably don't really matter that much anyway.

Next episode of 'Life According to Lou' - 'How to find a decent plumber/builder who won't try to rip you off'.

-Actually, that's like asking for the moon on a stick (Apologies to all plumbers and builders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Did you have a Corsa then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its not in the price list I just downloaded. The 3.2 Quattro is there but no 3.2 S-line. Only the TFSIs and the TDIs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both the 3dr and Sportback November price lists have the S line pack as an option for the 3.2 still.

Link to 3dr price list.

http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/A3_Price_List.pdf

I spoke to my dealer today. I was very apologetic but said that I had to ask about the price difference, she didnt know about the special editions and I walked her through the Audi UK price list. She said she could see my point and was really good about it. Anyway she said she has to talk to her sales manager and probably Audi UK and will see what they can do and get back to me on Monday. Overall I have to say I'm very impressed as they could have said there and then there would be nothing they could do as im tied into the contract. Just have to wait and see if I can get anything back which will be a bonus.

Dandle
Just cancel the car same happened to me with my A4 ,car was on order I had paid £1400 for the GMBH kit. Then before delivery they made it a free option so I asked for money off they said no at first but when I said I would cancel order losing my deposit £500 Audi UK paid half and the dealer paid half I was happy.

My dealer spoke to Audi UK today and they told her they won't do anything about it. I got my initial figures wrong the price difference is £1550(just under) without VAT so i phoned up Audi directly and they are going to see what they can do about it for me. We dont have the option of not buying the car as we have already sold our other car and need two by the end of the week. Fingers crossed now.

Don't tell them that! Just say that unless you can reach a deal you will reject the car and re-order. If you paid the deposit by Credit Card tell them also that you will claw the deposit back.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell them that!

[/ QUOTE ]

that is what i said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah but it took me more than 3 mins to update and reply so I never noticed you has replied. Any way two of us say don't tell them that!

Surely you can't 'reject' unless there is a good reason, i.e serious mechanical fault or not the correct spec you ordered?

Would've thought though you could cancel the order and lose the £500 telling them you'll still be £1000 better off when you orer a new one at the new price! That should force their hand!

The deposit was £1000 and after talking to trading standards I have entered into a contract and if I pull out then the deposit is gone. You can reject a car but there has to be a valid reason not that the price I agreed has changed. Audi havent said im tied in yet or that they wont do anything. Audi Uk have told the dealer to get in contact with the area manager to sort it out after I phoned them.

If it has not been built yet I can't see any issue with cancelling the order.

Yeah OK you can't really reject it due to this and if they wanted to strong arm you they could.

Best bet is that common sense will prevail - if it does not I would get a few home addresses for directors of the company you are buying from and write to them and also to Audi GB, but this could all be hot air as they may, just may do the right thing!

The car is here and due for pick up Wednesday. I would be happy with half if thats what they come back with but will have to wait and see now. Will keep you guys posted anyway.

Now I have a shop and there is one very important point as far as I am concerned with this and that is they have not made the car available to you whilst still at the old price.

Look at it this way, say you ordered the car in November and it arrived mid january but you told them to hold it until March 1st to get on a new plate and than the price dropped while they were holding it for you then I don't think it would be fair to ask for a reduction.
However, you have ordered a product and by the time it has arrived there is a new price for that car, they have to, in my opinion, offer it to you for the new price as they have not managed to get it into stock for you whilst at the original price.

To be honest, this is one of the reasons I would never buy a new car, it is not just the fact that you loose 17.5% vat and 12% dealer margin straight away, but also by the time you come to sell it I bet half the options that you originally paid for are normally now freebies.

My mate bought a new A4 avant sport in Jan 04 I think it was, he paid £1400 for the body kit, £250 for black headlining, £1200 for leather and another £1200 for the 18" wheels, just a couple of months later the S-line arrived with body kit, 18" wheels and half leather for £1000 to say he was annoyed was an understatement, his car cost him £29k and the S-Line he could have got for around £24k with nearly the same spec.
He was even more gutted when he was offered £13k back on it last month, main reason being, most people prefer the S-Line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

To be fair I don't think the price you paid and the new price is that bad, you are hardy out at all really.

[ QUOTE ]
...not just the fact that you loose 17.5% vat...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hear one more person say this I swear I'm gonna top myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

It is NOT true. VAT has sod all to do with. It's just supply and demand, as simple as that. Either your car is one of those that is so sought after that people are willing to pay close to or more than it's price new because they cannot wait (e.g. Mini, Porsche, some Mercs and Beemers) or they don't. The degree to which they don't determines the amount of money you lose at the point the dealer hands you the keys. With an Audi, you cry a little inside; a Ford, you headbutt the nearest wall; a Rover, you probably top yourself.

I feel better now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hear one more person say this I swear I'm gonna top myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

It is NOT true. VAT has sod all to do with. It's just supply and demand, as simple as that. Either your car is one of those that is so sought after that people are willing to pay close to or more than it's price new because they cannot wait (e.g. Mini, Porsche, some Mercs and Beemers) or they don't. The degree to which they don't determines the amount of money you lose at the point the dealer hands you the keys. With an Audi, you cry a little inside; a Ford, you headbutt the nearest wall; a Rover, you probably top yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does, all my mates who are dealers say they find it very hard to pay someone more for their used car than their original invoice price.
Even though they only have to pay vat on the difference between buying price and sale price when selling used.

If you were a dealer and you sold a car to me for £25k and out of that you got £21200 and the vat man got the rest, would you buy it back off me for any more than £21200?

karcsi,totally agree with you, who believes that the car drops 17.5% driving off of the garage?!?!

i'd have lost 4k on my scoob, 4k on my astra, 5k on my audi, it simply does not happen, else no new cars would be sold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does, all my mates who are dealers say they find it very hard to pay someone more for their used car than their original invoice price.
Even though they only have to pay vat on the difference between buying price and sale price when selling used.

If you were a dealer and you sold a car to me for £25k and out of that you got £21200 and the vat man got the rest, would you buy it back off me for any more than £21200?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 'Dealer' would only have an issue in that respect if he wasn't VAT registered.

People get really confused about VAT and used cars - in affect the dealer only pays VAT on the profit element of the deal in a used car sale.

[ QUOTE ]
Your 'Dealer' would only have an issue in that respect if he wasn't VAT registered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I am talking about main dealers here btw.

[ QUOTE ]
People get really confused about VAT and used cars - in affect the dealer only pays VAT on the profit element of the deal in a used car sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I said.

I also said that all dealers find it hard to pay someone more than their original invoice price on a used car.

No offence but you can find a car that is less than 6 months old with 20% off you are not looking very hard.

Guy who owns the ford dealers down the road has just bought the new ML320cdi Sport 3 months old with 4000 miles on it for £37000, it lists for £46000 and has a one year wait at the moment, if he can get that for £9k below list I am sure our Audis loose more in the first 6 months.

All I was saying is you are better to buy a car 3 months old if you are going to worry that you have lost money, let someone else take the initial hit.

:Off-Topic:

Poor bloke - why would he buy a ML - they are american rubbish that drag down the brand and always prop the bottom of the JD Power survey

Have you driven the new ML??

It is awesome mate, really really impressive, he used to order a new X5 every year, but this just trounces it.

I agree on the old one though, I had an ML270cdi inspiration and got rid of it after a couple of months, it really was that bad.

By the way, I bought that for £31k 6 months old and with an original invoice of £42k. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I would if I had a buyer waiting to pay more than that! I've stung you on the first sale, now I'm aiming for the jugular.

VAT is just a tax on profit on the first sale. It has nothing to do with the second sale; they are mutually exclusive. So it's just about what the dealer can sell your car on for, and how well he can convince you that your car is now worth nought.

I know it has nothing to do with the first sale, the customer pays invoice plus vat on the new car.

But what I am saying is this, most dealers find it very hard to pay a customer more for their used car than they can buy one from the factory for, they may actually make more moeny on the said used car, but something always feels wrong about paying more for a used one than you can buy a new one for.