S-Line seats in non S-Line

Djwilliamson

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked a million times but is it possible to fit S-Line seats in a non S-Line ? Found a cheap set online and I’m not keen on my current cloth seats :( is it a straight swap and is there any coding involved ?
I have a A3 8V
Thanks in advance

Dan

Afternoon all,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked a million times but is it possible to fit S-Line seats in a non S-Line ? Found a cheap set online and I’m not keen on my current cloth seats :( is it a straight swap and is there any coding involved ?
I have a A3 8V
Thanks in advance

Dan

Can’t see why it shouldn’t be a straight swap, both will have equal side airbags... providing there aren’t any additional electric movements.

Not sure if it’s required on the newer cars but probably just do the normal disconnecting of the battery to ensure you have no airbag warning lights when you power back up.

If theye are not heated or electric-moving ( i dont know what it is called) nothing else is required just a simple swap i tihnk :)

i did it on mine. if you already have lumbar support on your non sline seats and the set your looking to buy is with lumber support then your good to go.

i did it on mine. if you already have lumbar support on your non sline seats and the set your looking to buy is with lumber support then your good to go.

The description doesn’t state wether the S-Line seats has lumber support, I’m assuming it’s no big deal either way ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
The description doesn’t state wether the S-Line seats has lumber support, I’m assuming it’s no big deal either way ?

Mine is a 65 plate PFL S-Line. Electronic lumbar was a £150 option. Although I wish I’d not bothered as I can’t bear it anywhere other than the fully flat position - ie where it would be without any lumbar adjustment. Any other setting just feels like someone has left a rugby ball on my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does your existing seats have electronic lumber support then?
Yes my existing does, I’ve contacted the seller and they have lumbar support also so all is good. If you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for yours ? The set I’m looking at are £350 inc postage comes with the door cards also. Is that a good price ?

Mine is a 65 plate PFL S-Line. Electronic lumbar was a £150 option. Although I wish I’d not bothered as I can’t bear it anywhere other than the fully flat position - ie where it would be without any lumbar adjustment. Any other setting just feels like someone has left a rugby ball on my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeh I know what you mean mate, mine is like yours so it’s basically off !

Yes my existing does, I’ve contacted the seller and they have lumbar support also so all is good. If you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for yours ? The set I’m looking at are £350 inc postage comes with the door cards also. Is that a good price ?

Share the ebay link if you want or PM me. From the photos you can generally see if the sline seats has the electronic lumber support on them.
If you paid that price with the car doors then its a good price. I paid £100 for my full sline seats (front and back -without door cards) but it was one of those turn up and pay sort of deals and that was about 3 years ago. When I was searching for my sline seats just make sure its the correct 3 door or 5 door version.

As with the electronics, just make sure the seller hasn't slice the cables and disconnected the harness cleanly from the floor. It would be a shame if your existing cable didn't plug and play with the new seats if there was some complications with the ebay seats.