1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S Line Rear Coil Spring size/product code - please help!!

kiz17 Jul 13, 2018

1. kiz17

kiz17 Registered User

Hi all

I’m looking to replace the rear coil springs on my 3 door S Line A3. I went on EuroCarParts, put my number plate in and it returned springs that fit my car. However, when clicking on “fitment detail” none of them are for S Line suspension. They all say “With Sports chassis” or “Without Sports suspension”.

I checked my rear springs for the colour coding and they have 3 grey dots and 2 yellow dots.

I cannot find S Line coil springs anywhere - please help! :(

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ab1702

ab1702 Registered User

Got to buy them from Audi or TPS that’s why.
    If I were you, for what it would cost you for 2 new S Line springs then I would buy 4 new eibach pro springs instead. These will probably be cheaper than 2 new s line springs but they are better. They are 5mm lower so it’ll look slightly better but mainly they are a better ride, they aren’t as hard as the s line springs when you’re on a bad road etc and they’re generally just more comfortable. Also they fit perfectly on your s line shocks so if they’re fine on the front then no need to change them either.

4. kiz17

kiz17 Registered User

Thanks for the help man!

I guess that explains why the rear of my car sits uneven. The previous owner changed only the N/S/R spring 01/06/2017 and now the O/S/R sits like 20mm lower. I can only assume they bought the wrong size spring and making it sit uneven!

Are these the Eibach springs you mention: https://www.cartech-one.co.uk/en/product/117159-eibach-lowering-springs-pro-kit/v-20864

I’m guessing if I do go for those I’d have to change all 4? Or could I keep the S Line springs on the front and get 2 Eibach Pro’s for the back? Long shot I know but the front springs are fine!

5. ab1702

ab1702 Registered User

Yes they’re the ones.

Yes the previous owner probably bought a spring from ECP and it wouldn’t have been for an S Line but ECP don’t tell you that, so that’s probably why it’s higher on one corner.

You could keep the S Line springs on the front if you want to but then the car would probably look a bit odd as the back would be slightly lower than the front as the eibachs are roughly 5mm lower than S Line.

6. kiz17

kiz17 Registered User

Cheers :)

Yeah you’re right, I’ll probaly just get a set of 4 Eibachs and be done with the uneven ride height!

I notice you have an S Line in your profile picture - did you replace the S Line springs with Eibach pros on your A3? Would you mind taking some pictures of the ride height if you can please? :)

7. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

8. ab1702

ab1702 Registered User

I haven’t got that car in the picture anymore, I’ve got an s Line quattro sportback now but yes I’ve swapped all the springs on mine with eibach pro and standard shocks still and it looks just that little bit lower and it’s a comfier ride. As the guy above says, look on that thread for pics.

9. kiz17

kiz17 Registered User

Cheers man I’ll have a read now :)

Thank you for this really does help! At first I was a little worried about it being slammed and hitting speed bumps etc haha! But as you mention, it’s only a 5mm drop so not drastic enough to cause any problems.

10. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

I lowered the front on my S3 with eibach 20mm lowering springs but had to change out the stock shocks as they where too long , but what a hassle getting it onto a recovery truck :thumbs up::thumbs up:

11. Darren92

Darren92 Registered User

If you want an OE one PM me your VIN and I will check against parts cat.

A3SLine2014 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. A3SLine2014

A3SLine2014 Registered User

Long time old thread.

I want oem s line springs for my s line that came with standard springs

14. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Main dealer then. At least you’ll be supplied the correct springs. My local partsman gives me trade discount 10% , Depends on how Well you get on with them.

15. Darren92

Darren92 Registered User

better buying Eibach

ahtcap likes this.
  16. samisnake

samisnake Registered User

Definitely.
    Cost of 1 spring from a dealer is the same as the whole eibach kit