S Line Rear Coil Spring size/product code - please help!!

kiz17

Reaction score
Hi all

I’m looking to replace the rear coil springs on my 3 door S Line A3. I went on EuroCarParts, put my number plate in and it returned springs that fit my car. However, when clicking on “fitment detail” none of them are for S Line suspension. They all say “With Sports chassis” or “Without Sports suspension”.

I checked my rear springs for the colour coding and they have 3 grey dots and 2 yellow dots.

I cannot find S Line coil springs anywhere - please help! :(

wvq0yv.jpg

Hi all

I’m looking to replace the rear coil springs on my 3 door S Line A3. I went on EuroCarParts, put my number plate in and it returned springs that fit my car. However, when clicking on “fitment detail” none of them are for S Line suspension. They all say “With Sports chassis” or “Without Sports suspension”.

I checked my rear springs for the colour coding and they have 3 grey dots and 2 yellow dots.

I cannot find S Line coil springs anywhere - please help! :(

wvq0yv.jpg

Got to buy them from Audi or TPS that’s why.
If I were you, for what it would cost you for 2 new S Line springs then I would buy 4 new eibach pro springs instead. These will probably be cheaper than 2 new s line springs but they are better. They are 5mm lower so it’ll look slightly better but mainly they are a better ride, they aren’t as hard as the s line springs when you’re on a bad road etc and they’re generally just more comfortable. Also they fit perfectly on your s line shocks so if they’re fine on the front then no need to change them either.

Thanks for the help man!

I guess that explains why the rear of my car sits uneven. The previous owner changed only the N/S/R spring 01/06/2017 and now the O/S/R sits like 20mm lower. I can only assume they bought the wrong size spring and making it sit uneven!

Are these the Eibach springs you mention: https://www.cartech-one.co.uk/en/product/117159-eibach-lowering-springs-pro-kit/v-20864

I’m guessing if I do go for those I’d have to change all 4? Or could I keep the S Line springs on the front and get 2 Eibach Pro’s for the back? Long shot I know but the front springs are fine!

Yes they’re the ones.

Yes the previous owner probably bought a spring from ECP and it wouldn’t have been for an S Line but ECP don’t tell you that, so that’s probably why it’s higher on one corner.

You could keep the S Line springs on the front if you want to but then the car would probably look a bit odd as the back would be slightly lower than the front as the eibachs are roughly 5mm lower than S Line.

Cheers :)

Yeah you’re right, I’ll probaly just get a set of 4 Eibachs and be done with the uneven ride height!

I notice you have an S Line in your profile picture - did you replace the S Line springs with Eibach pros on your A3? Would you mind taking some pictures of the ride height if you can please? :)

Cheers :)

Yeah you’re right, I’ll probaly just get a set of 4 Eibachs and be done with the uneven ride height!

I notice you have an S Line in your profile picture - did you replace the S Line springs with Eibach pros on your A3? Would you mind taking some pictures of the ride height if you can please? :)

I haven’t got that car in the picture anymore, I’ve got an s Line quattro sportback now but yes I’ve swapped all the springs on mine with eibach pro and standard shocks still and it looks just that little bit lower and it’s a comfier ride. As the guy above says, look on that thread for pics.

Cheers man I’ll have a read now :)

I haven’t got that car in the picture anymore, I’ve got an s Line quattro sportback now but yes I’ve swapped all the springs on mine with eibach pro and standard shocks still and it looks just that little bit lower and it’s a comfier ride. As the guy above says, look on that thread for pics.

Thank you for this really does help! At first I was a little worried about it being slammed and hitting speed bumps etc haha! But as you mention, it’s only a 5mm drop so not drastic enough to cause any problems.

Cheers man I’ll have a read now :)

Thank you for this really does help! At first I was a little worried about it being slammed and hitting speed bumps etc haha! But as you mention, it’s only a 5mm drop so not drastic enough to cause any problems.
I lowered the front on my S3 with eibach 20mm lowering springs but had to change out the stock shocks as they where too long , but what a hassle getting it onto a recovery truck :thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you want an OE one PM me your VIN and I will check against parts cat.

Reactions: A3SLine2014
Long time old thread.

I want oem s line springs for my s line that came with standard springs

Main dealer then. At least you’ll be supplied the correct springs. My local partsman gives me trade discount 10% , Depends on how Well you get on with them.

Hi, I came across this thread recently when replacing my front and rear coil springs on an A3 8P 2009 Mk2 Sportback S-Line. After many hours of searching the web, I finally found all the parts I needed and thought I would share my findings for anyone needing help with exact parts.

If you’re fortunate enough to have your old springs installed, they are clearly paint marked to make things easier. However, in my case only the rears were original so after a little more digging I came across parts-catalog (link below).

Your car service booklet (pictured) will include PR Codes which correspond to the relevant spring setup of your car. So mine for example, the front suspension strut is a G34 and the spring is L84. The rear suspension strut is UA3 and the spring is OYG, you will see these codes in the picture I have included from my service book and you will also see these on the parts catalog website once you click on the relevant spring setup. It will also reference the paint marks as well as give you the exact Audi part number.

I didn’t order originals as my car is fairly old and you can’t justify paying hundreds for a part which you can have for the fraction of the price. I used the part numbers on eBay to find what I needed, brands such as KYB, NAPA and Continental Direct.

Original part numbers for S-Line Sportback pre 2010:

Front Strut: 1T0413031CF
Front Coil: 8P0411105E (3 Grey 2 Orange)
Rear Strut: 1K0513029HQ
Rear Coil: 8P0511115BK (1 Grey 1 Green 1 Grey)

Hope this helps!

A couple of brilliant websites to find your exact parts:

https://www.parts-catalogs.com/eu/demo/#/catalogs

My go to site. You can enter your VIN into the above and browse through various parts with diagrams.

http://www.catcar.info/audivw/?lang...sZHRhZmVsPT0wMzUzNXx8R3JhZmlrPT0wMDM1MzU0MTI=

The above is my second best and is very similar to parts catalog.

https://webautocats.com/en-gb/etka/audi/a3/

Another great site with option to enter VIN but only thing with springs is that it’s not specific with colours of markings.

Attachments

• BDD0328B-3D57-45BB-884C-8E24B5D25C1A.jpeg
    BDD0328B-3D57-45BB-884C-8E24B5D25C1A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • BB0A64AC-FF7B-42AE-B6E8-09CDDCFCE81D.jpeg
    BB0A64AC-FF7B-42AE-B6E8-09CDDCFCE81D.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 71
  • 0405F4E6-7EAE-4575-BCD9-5B150D4D3013.jpeg
    0405F4E6-7EAE-4575-BCD9-5B150D4D3013.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: kiz17