S-line rear bumper question??

Jayyuk

Reaction score
Hey All,

I was just wondering if a avant 1.8 turbo s-line rear bumper would be the same fit as a 1.8t saloon both from the year 2004.

I want to get the bottom end of the bumper and seen a estate avant with one and he's willing to sell it to me, but wondering is it the same back end and would it fit?

He doesnt seem to know if it would...can you guys please help cheers.

Jay :happy:

Right I have the same question, I have a 2004 saloon and have found this:-

bumper.jpg

It is listed for a 2005 Cab, part number 8H0 807 511, now I am not really interested in the whole bumper just the lower part, now will it split and fit???

This may give you a better idea of what I want to replace.

P1020090.jpg

Cheers
Ian

The cab bumpers are complete mouldings not in sections like the 2nd pic, the only thing you can swap is the lower exhaust pipe valance.

Niknak,

the answer is NO buddy, there is no lower bit on a cab bumper, the only bit that splits is the trim around the exhausts and that wont fit either mate.
as for the saloon to the avant, i believe they are the same.

For an A4/B6 Saloon the GmBH (later known as "S-Line") rear valance is Audi Part No. Part No. 8E5 807 521 G GRU @ £143.49 from Audi (bought one in June 2009). This part number includes the stick-on Decal which gives that "matt" finish between the pipes.

Rear%20O-S.jpg

woorlord
is that really a decal, and is that standard/the norm ?
i fitted that same kit to my old saloon and never noticed

woorlord
is that really a decal, and is that standard/the norm ?
i fitted that same kit to my old saloon and never noticed

Yep definitely on mine shown - recently took off the complete rear bumper - split the old plastic lower and the nice man down at my body shop assembled the new lower and sprayed it all together. The "decal" was applied the day after spraying - not the easiest job - involved sponges and water and some patience!

Originally thought the "Decal" had to be ordered separately but it came in the wrapped up bumper lower valence package.

Saloon and Avant are NOT the same part number.

As per MARC1 previous post Linked Here

• Saloon Valance - 8E5 807 521 G GRU
  • Avant Valance - 8E9 807 521 G GRU
  • Black centre Decal - 8E9 807 800A

Last edited:
Hmmm just had a mail of the guy selling maybe he has listed the item incorrectly, will wait to see the pics....

"hi mate yes it can easily be split iv just checked, iv took 3 pics to show you.(you do know you will have to buy the complete bumper dont you?) if you send me a e-mail address i wil send pics cheers andy."

thats a shame i just cut mine up as i have just put the vortex kit over it

i had it up for sale on here twice but had no takers, only wanted 50 pounds for it, to make things worse i only did it last night

Hmmm just had a mail of the guy selling maybe he has listed the item incorrectly, will wait to see the pics....

"hi mate yes it can easily be split iv just checked, iv took 3 pics to show you.(you do know you will have to buy the complete bumper dont you?) if you send me a e-mail address i wil send pics cheers andy."

Niknak, the only part that will split from the cab bumper is the exhaust valance.......

that black panel is standard fittting... decal or not, it's standard....

the quattro's all have split exhaust (so need split rear valance) as there are two rear boxes either side of the rear differential... (unless it's a TDI, in which case they have split pipes, but a straight rear skirt....

The lowers are not compatible between Avant, Saloon or Cab as mentioned.

I have a saloon lower up for grabs - check sig, PM if interested.