s-line owners hows the leather holding up?

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Those of you with leather seats, how's the leather holding up on the side bolsters?

Noticed mine on sunday is begining to wear on the upper seat bolster. Car's only 18 months old... 33K miles.

How do you think I'll get on with a warranty claim?

J.

Mine's 24 months old but has only done 17000 miles. Its OK so far....

(But I spend my weekends polishing my stainless steel exhaust pipe tips rather than sitting in the car driving it, so that might explain it....)

Mines 12 months and done 15k - Leather seems OK at the moment.

As for the warranty claim, I think you'll be stuffed if its worn leather, different if its stiching coming away or something like that.

I'd still be a chancer and try it though ;)

Regardless of wear and tear, if goods can reasonably be expected to last longer than they do then you have recourse under the Sale of Goods Act.

Of course leather is going to wear but if it starts to look obviously distressed or even cracks on an 18-24 year old car you'd have a very good case against the manufacturer. Basically it's reasonable to expect the leather in a car to last a good few years before showing obvious signs of age, imo.

Mine is like new,but after years of looking after motorcycle leather gear I know how to look after leather properly.
Feeding it every now and then makes all the difference.
For the really lazy,betterware or clean-eaze (I forget which,probably both) do pretty good leather treatment wipes that seem to work fine on the house and car leather.

Just a quick rub with neatsfoot oil,which I've had for years.
Same with the suite and my leather bike gear.
Keeps it more supple than that Lithuanian pole dancer I...err...heard about.

Welcome bakc Bowfer have you been away? Been a little quiet on here lately!

It's not going to come as much of a shock but I d feed the leather on my seats... I would have thought that leather should have held up longer than 18months....

J.

Yup,been away to Disney.
10 euros to fart in that place.
A bit like an Audi dealer,but with better coffee.

Mines an 04 plate and done about 30k. Leather is fine.

March 05 coming up to 10k and cleaned once with Auto-Glym leather tratment and its still like new.

2k miles, and although you can see that someone sits in the driver's seat more than passenger it's fine.