S-line heated leather seats issue help needed

Chris08

Reaction score
I have just had a set of s-line leather heated seats with electric lumbar fitted in my 2010 5 door Audi A3 8p 2.0 TDI Sportsback.

I bought the climatronic heater control with the seat controls and bought the wiring loom from Kafutec, I had checked first with them that I had ordered the correct loom, which was the seat heating loom with lordosis.

Everything has been wired up by the mechanic but the drivers side seat won't heat. The lumbar works ok but it's not heating up. The passenger side is heating up fine and the lumbar is working. The mechanic said he ran his power tester thing on the wiring and said it was throwing up an error code on either the heating element or temp sensor in the seat? He did have the car for a couple of days and seemed to be struggling to work the wiring out. I have seen the post on here which shows the how-to guide on fitting the loom, I showed him that but I think he thought it was a fault in the seat, but I'm not so sure.

Today, I turned up the control dial on the heater control unit for the drivers side just to try it again, but for some reason the passenger side heated up, which leads me to believe it is still not wired correctly, and the drivers side seat may yet work.

I have spoke to the breakers yard I bought the seats from and he is adamant they were working when he took them. Going to speak to mechanic who fitted them again on Monday, just wondered if anyone on here had any similar scenarios or any ideas?

Yeah I had the same issue bud I found I’d gotten the wiring wrong so when I turned the passenger dial the drivers heated and vice versa I just swapped them around at the ac unit and job done.

Just had a very quick look at the diagram and on the 16 pin connector if you swap pins 9 and 10 around for the heating elements and then pins 5 and 6 for the temp sensors you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiring is wrong, your fitter isnt competent imho to do the job properly, find someone who is.

Whereabouts are you located, I think NW, but jobs I've done before.