S line grill to RS grill, also need help identifying a part

Furryhobnob

Reaction score
Bought an RS grill to replace my s line grill on my 59 plate avant, managed to get it all swapped over, from reading a how to thread on here I read you had about 12 inches of clearance to pull the bumper off without disconnecting the headlight washer hoses etc, unfortunately I only had about 3-4 inches before this snapped, it's made my hella, does anyone know the part number for it, it's and elbow joint as part of the headlight washers
c478c8c00e3e65f115da6c7a88196805.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And here's a couple of before and after photos, didn't take many photos during unfortunately
b42692d23749fbd48acdb7a5dd250373.jpg
999216ec600b70b17255196f51a967d2.jpg
4ca2afed03b6addc0513977bbba7f520.jpg
3c010896ade751189410dc19d30b2729.jpg
f2bfa4742c26c7a15445dfdbd3b7f345.jpg

Don't know why the photos are on their side, just waiting on my honeycomb plastic to arrive so I can do the fog light trim, and then I'm getting the fog light trims sprayed in gloss black to match the grill

Had to turn my head sideways but was fun.

That looks great, bud. What a difference, isn't it?

Don't want to tell you "I told you so" but i kind'a did. LOL
I rested my bumper on a 6pack of mineral water. When taking it off, was more gentle than I was with my new born, back in the days.

Sorry but will not be able to help with part number. Have you tried the subcategory part request thread?

Hope you'll get it sorted soon.
Did you clamped the hose of r the washer temporarily?

Reactions: Furryhobnob
Had to turn my head sideways but was fun.

That looks great, bud. What a difference, isn't it?

Don't want to tell you "I told you so" but i kind'a did. LOL
I rested my bumper on a 6pack of mineral water. When taking it off, was more gentle than I was with my new born, back in the days.

Sorry but will not be able to help with part number. Have you tried the subcategory part request thread?

Hope you'll get it sorted soon.
Did you clamped the hose of r the washer temporarily?
I managed to bodge it for now so it's still working, but would rather order the part and get it sorted properly, was going to paint the bumper support black like you suggested, but with the number plate on I can't see it

I think you need either no. 5 or no 12.

5, Part no. 8D0 955 875
12, Part no. 1J0 955 665E

Most likely 5, I think.

I managed to bodge it for now so it's still working, but would rather order the part and get it sorted properly, was going to paint the bumper support black like you suggested, but with the number plate on I can't see it

I think I would also stick to chrome rings.

@Furryhobnob, unless you already have some other details in carbon, rings in it would not match anywhere, imho. I always prefer things/details to match with other pieces in design. I did my B pillars and little rear door triangles in carbon wrap hoping I'll go for carbon exhaust tips but scraped the idea for now. Carbon will probably go off.

As @Simon968 suggested, I think they would be the parts you're after.

I think you need either no. 5 or no 12.

5, Part no. 8D0 955 875
12, Part no. 1J0 955 665E

Most likely 5, I think.
It's part number 12, 5 doesn't match, I've managed to find it, but on ebay from Germany, for £17

Reactions: KrisKrk
Check with your local TPS or dealer. It may be cheaper and arrive quicker.

Also, a 1J0 part number is from a Mk4 Golf, so might also be worth checking with a VW dealer.

I think I would also stick to chrome rings.

@Furryhobnob, unless you already have some other details in carbon, rings in it would not match anywhere, imho. I always prefer things/details to match with other pieces in design. I did my B pillars and little rear door triangles in carbon wrap hoping I'll go for carbon exhaust tips but scraped the idea for now. Carbon will probably go off.

As @Simon968 suggested, I think they would be the parts you're after.
And Im going to get carbon rings for the front and back, from a distance they just look black, up close they just have a bit more texture than plain black, I tried both and me and a lad from work who helped me both agreed the black looked better, would be boring if we all liked the same

Reactions: KrisKrk
Check with your local TPS or dealer. It may be cheaper and arrive quicker.

Also, a 1J0 part number is from a Mk4 Golf, so might also be worth checking with a VW dealer.
Can't see it by searching the part number on the tps website, might give them a call though, also might call my local audi

Can't see it by searching the part number on the tps website, might give them a call though, also might call my local audi

I would check with TPS and the dealers first, eBay isn't always the best place to look for bargains.

I would check with TPS and the dealers first, eBay isn't always the best place to look for bargains.
I'll get one either way, appreciate your help in helping me find the part number though, still kicking myself for breaking it!!

No problem.
That online parts catalogue comes in handy at times.

I spent all day trying to adjust the position of one of my headlights without taking the bumper off and injured myself in the process.
I then found out how easy the bumper was to remove and had it all done in about an hour the following weekend.
So we all do it!

No problem.
That online parts catalogue comes in handy at times.

I spent all day trying to adjust the position of one of my headlights without taking the bumper off and injured myself in the process.
I then found out how easy the bumper was to remove and had it all done in about an hour the following weekend.
So we all do it!
Yeah it's pretty easy to remove, I was trying to do it without removing the headlight washer jets etc, in hindsight I should have just done it properly, oh well it isn't the end of the world

Hi,
Sorry to crash the thread....I have a question, or two...
I'm looking to do this, swap my standard grill for an RS6 one!
Is the RS6 grill you've got OEM or after market? I'm not fussy as long as the quality is good and of course, it looks good!
Also, I'm slightly confused, did you have to remove the bumper to change these grills?
I'm not adverse to doing things myself on the car, but nowadays, its just the time and find myself just chucking the car in for work once I've got a few things to get done...SHAMEFUL I KNOW...but how long does this job take?

Cheers, that's me out of gas on this one!

Keefo.

@Keefo13 it is not oem grille. Replicas are standard on all non RS cars which doesn't have proper RS body kit.
Fairly easy to get the grille from eBay and they pretty good quality.
As to replacement, it will depend on your skills. You have to remove the bumper to have better access to holding screws and clips.
Once bumper is off, it will be easy to swap them over.

Hi,
Sorry to crash the thread....I have a question, or two...
I'm looking to do this, swap my standard grill for an RS6 one!
Is the RS6 grill you've got OEM or after market? I'm not fussy as long as the quality is good and of course, it looks good!
Also, I'm slightly confused, did you have to remove the bumper to change these grills?
I'm not adverse to doing things myself on the car, but nowadays, its just the time and find myself just chucking the car in for work once I've got a few things to get done...SHAMEFUL I KNOW...but how long does this job take?

Cheers, that's me out of gas on this one!

Keefo.
As above, I went in blindly and had the bumper off and grill changed, bumper back on in a couple of hours, if I was to do it again I think I could do it less than an hour, it's a replica RS grill, the one I got was a little more expensive than some on eBay at £170, but it's very good quality, I sold my a6 grill I took off on eBay for £100, so all in it only cost £70 to change over, well worth it

Did you get the replacement elbow for your headlamp washers?
Yes mate, turned up the other day, I'm off work until Friday, so will be getting the bumper off again to put the new elbow on

As above, I went in blindly and had the bumper off and grill changed, bumper back on in a couple of hours, if I was to do it again I think I could do it less than an hour, it's a replica RS grill, the one I got was a little more expensive than some on eBay at £170, but it's very good quality, I sold my a6 grill I took off on eBay for £100, so all in it only cost £70 to change over, well worth it

Thanks @Furryhobnob , I've checked out some on eBay and think I'll give one a go! Typical time of year to have a crack, nice cold fingers :D

You should have painted the crash bar black so its not visible
8f160d417fd7ba096323c02d4fed2b7a.jpg
b1b51df9891f84fba4a09fe4df9f93ca.jpg
ac287f18e50f3d2af5a7776d46aa17b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You should have painted the crash bar black so its not visible
8f160d417fd7ba096323c02d4fed2b7a.jpg
b1b51df9891f84fba4a09fe4df9f93ca.jpg
ac287f18e50f3d2af5a7776d46aa17b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You can't really see the crash bar unless you're about 6 inches away from the grill, I've got to take the bumper back off again anyway to fix the broken elbow joint for the headlight washers, so might do it then