S LINE FRONT CONVERSION DONE!

I get you lad, just failed trying to be funny :sorry:

Post up some more pics pls Luke once you have the new bonnet fit and the S-Line badge plugged in. I'm keen to see the finished article.

Ta

Thanks for this luke, totally transforms the look and looks stunning..

Did you get the front bumper from ebay? and was it sprayed, if so how much did you have to pay for spraying?

i got bumper from ebay for 60 quid plus delivery - bumper was scratched and had a bad dent on the side - i took it to paint shop and they did fantastic job for 150 quid. it looks like a new bumper. now they are respraying the bonnet.

Got the bonnet and s-line badge on yet Luke? :)

I just ordered the FK badged grille yesterday, I've got few more parts to acquire and I'm ready to begin the conversion \o/

Lance, they do a chrome grille if thats what you're after - just have a flick through their products and you'll find it, though I think its nearly double the price of the black grille though at 120 euros if I remember rightly...

bonnet is resprayed and i will fit it on monday. have not received badge yet. will post pics on monday.

Finally i fitted bonnet and got some pics, however im still waiting for s line badge. Weather is terrible so i havent done car wash yet. Next week car will be polished to full match of a color.

slinecon1.jpg

slinecon3.jpg

slinecon2.jpg

I need to do this desperatly! have you got any side on pics aswel im just thinking about painting my calipers.

if you got msn i can tell you how to do it nicely. can send you some photos as well (with previous brakes - smaller and older wheels)

Car looks a million times better mate.
The colour match between the bumper and the wing looks quite noticeably off in your last pic though.
Maybe it's just my screen.

How is it in the flesh??

aythree thats why bodyshop is doing full polishing next week. its not that bad at all. when you look close it a little difference - wings are a little little darker. i think is cus bonnet and bumper is fresh and new paint. they done it by color code.

Hate to say it mate but no amount of polishing will get the colour to match! It looks way off in that pic, hows the bonnet match because you got the done seperately didnt you?

I have the same issue with mine, 07 Akoya paint code is different to 04! Doh!

i did it seperately but they are exacly the same - match is perfect

Luke, I feel sick now after seeing it, want this in my A3's life, and the Black Grille. Will you be putting more pics up when you get the bumper polished up, be nice to see it in all it's glory, hopefully some sunshine!

Just made reference to yours in my thread ref my new springs and wheels and didn't know you'd got the bonnet on, sorry bout that. Anyhow, what a difference! Hat off to you. :hubbahubba:

Madluke. Have you got your badge fitted yet?

If so, could you let me know the part number, as the one I have ordered doesn't fit :motz: Useless!

Cheers buddy!

Looks fantastic.

Would car car need a new bonnet if I was to buy a pre-facelift bumper with the single grill?

it is the grill badge we need to know about.

The one with the mounts on the back.

Sorry if this is abit of a random question but I thought I knew the answer to but just read something that made me think otherwise. Do you need the reinforcement bar that sits at he back of the bumper in order to fit a 2006> s line facelift bumper onto a preface lift A3? I thought you did but just read in another thread you only need it for the S3 front bumper?!?!?!

Well, you only need to change the existing re-inforcement bar if applying the S3 bumper as it needs to be slightly shorter in length for the S3 bumper - alternavely, if fitting the S3 bumper you could grind down the existing re-inforcement bar...

PS: Luke - any pics since the polish up and fitting of your S-Line badge to the grille?

Sorry if this is abit of a random question but I thought I knew the answer to but just read something that made me think otherwise. Do you need the reinforcement bar that sits at he back of the bumper in order to fit a 2006> s line facelift bumper onto a preface lift A3? I thought you did but just read in another thread you only need it for the S3 front bumper?!?!?!

Yes I believe you do need a new/modify your existing crash bar For the conversion.

I'm sure It is mentioned in mattandrews conversion thread.

Luke is away on holiday at the moment for a few weeks guys.

Hate to say it mate but no amount of polishing will get the colour to match! It looks way off in that pic, hows the bonnet match because you got the done seperately didnt you?

I have the same issue with mine, 07 Akoya paint code is different to 04! Doh!

I fell foul too - bought a lower rear s-line defuser in Akoya silver off of ebay, paying a wee bit more than i prob could have!!!