S LINE FRONT CONVERSION DONE!

madluke

In pursuit of audiness:)
Reaction score
Finally after weeks of preperation and waiting for parts i managed to do this conversion today (still wating for bonnet to be resprayed). With a little help of my mate we've done it and im happy with results. I will put some more pic later on after i will wash my car. Just wanna say big thanks to mattandrew for his guide as it helped a lot.
sline1.jpg

sline2.jpg

sline3.jpg

sline4.jpg

grill is from FK. As i said at beginning i am still wating for bonnet to be resprayed.

I think he means that he has a new bonnet waiting to be resprayed as the one in the pic is totally uneven.

TKU correct. current bonnet is from double grill version. I got bonnet for single grill veriosn just wating until is resprayed:D

hows the fit on the FK grille? (bargin at £80)!

well is not the best on the world i have to say. but for that price and if you are patient you can fit it nicely and i think it does look very nice.

No offense to 8P1 owners but that S-Line grill does look a lot better than the original :icon_thumright:

Good job mate. That's the first time I've a black grille on a grey A3 and I like it ... am tempted now!

looks loads better, bonet issue reminds me of when i did mine! Also whats up with your passenger wiper, its way too high!

DSCF0091.jpg

Last edited:
Its chunkier grill isnt it?

The FK one has bigger holes in it (less slats) also it looks one piece so the frame looks thicker to me, I like it more than my OEM S line one!

its very light nhn. Staz if i wasnt on the budget i would go for s line straight away. Lee R dont know whats wrong with my wiper

Last edited:
cheers mate, are they a direct fit no moddin needed etc, n can you tell there not the same as standard ones?

also are they the same colour as the optics grill, matt balck in the middle and gloss black on the outer ring

they look matt black. I will be honest i like and i think thats all what matters:)

ye it looks sweet mate, just im after once with gloss black round the edge, would of been ideal at tha price

Nice job mate, got me considering that grille now for when I come to do mine - seems a good deal at that price.

Did you just take your audi rings/badge from your old grille and fit them to the FK grille or did you have to buy the rings separate? Also, hard to tell from your pictures but is the clip present on the grille for attaching the S-Line badge?

remove your chrome bit and paint it gloss!

i would m8 but im after a optics grill where the whole grill is black instead of plastic colour, and i dont want to spray the full grill incase it flaces off with stone chips etc

Hellz you can remove your double grill rings and fit them straight into fk grill as i did, fk grill is designed for it to fit them. Yes that grill has clip for s line badge on left hand side(which i ordered as well)

looking nice mate.. tempted to buy a fk grill, just not sure how good the badge-less one will look! :think:
How much did you pay for the s-line badge? Last time I checked audi wanted a stupid price!

auction end up at just over 10 quid:) i have to say ebay was my best friend when i was getting parts for conversion. also pjmspeedy provided my with parts at great prices so i recommend him to anyone.My personal advice - do not buy badgeless grill. with audi rings black grill look so much better.

cheers pal, just done a quick edit on your picture:
sline3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Still left me undecided, I've just got a thing for that huge gaping mouth!

Hi iv got 06 plate sports 3dr an iv got the s-line bumper ready to put on just need grills an fogs lol will i need a new bonnent ?? or will mine fit ?? help please guys

The n/side wiper on my 8p1 used to sit really high too, but i moved unbolted it and moved it down (2 min job) no idea how or why its like this.

smythey1 your current bonnet will fit s line grill and bumper

Looks so much better, can't wait to do mine but alloys and srpings will come 1st.

lmfao similarity is uncanny lol.

Exactly the look I was hoping for!
How badly would you sh*t yourself if you saw him in your rear view :scared2:

i realy like the badgeless grill however on the edit waqi did it just looks like somets missin:(

Erm.. the bonnet? :Flush:
But seriously, I think I'm gonna give it a shot on my white a3, for £62 its not too late to change my mind! :icon_thumright:

no m8 i mean it looks awsome with no badge but it doesnt look right with out a badge if you get me lol