S-Line conversion done, but front fogs cannot be connected. Any ideas why?

Indy

Reaction score
Hello people,

as you may be aware I've recently had the S-Line front end fitted to my car, but the bodyshop encountered a problem with the fog lights.

Basically, I purchased the S-Line fog plugs and repair wires from Audi as advised by Ads in his thread.

The bodyshop are telling me that the original wiring will not go into the new S-Line fog plugs. I think they mean that once they feed the wires into the fog plugs it does not secure, it just falls straight back out.

They've told me to buy the fog plugs with a couple of inches of attached wiring from a scrapped car for a few quid, but I know that this is not necessary as other's have fitted the fogs without having to do this.

Please could someone kindly tell me what needs to be done differently so I can let the bodyshop know?

Alternatively, if your near Leeds and want a bit of extra pocket money this week I'd be grateful if you could do this for me :)

Thanks in advance,

Indy

Hi mate they talking ****
I have done it I just used spade connectors and destroyed the old plug. Thankfully didn't show as a fault. If they wot do it get some money off and DIY.

I have done it I just used spade connectors and destroyed the old plug. Thankfully didn't show as a fault. If they wot do it get some money off and DIY.

Cheers mate.

So you used the new S-Line plugs and binned the old Sport plugs?

I think they were expecting them to just push in and clamp but I'll let them know and take it back in this week!

Do you have any part numbers for this? Plug / repair wires etc?

I'll be fitting mine on Saturday so will let you know how I get on

Cheers buddy that would be great.

I told the bodyshop today about the spade connector idea and they told me that that route is more of a bodge, and they would prefer to use the actual plugs.

They are a good bunch there so have told me to bring the car back for a couple of hours when I've found a solution!

Hoping for good news from you Jay :)

The bodyshop are telling me that the original wiring will not go into the new S-Line fog plugs. I think they mean that once they feed the wires into the fog plugs it does not secure, it just falls straight back out.

Bodyshop are 100% correct, the old sport wiring does not fit the new sline/s3 connectors, thats a fact.

Sorry, but you're wrong, they're giving correct info even if they cant do the job, lol.

Also, the way you did is a bodge job, you should use proper connectors for this job, spades are no good for this location or connection & tbh wouldnt ever use them anywhere on the car unless its what is used oem, you need a water tight connector or you may find you have corrosion later on that could effectively screw the bulbs & hence cost more to repair than it would be to do it properly.

I told the bodyshop today about the spade connector idea and they told me that that route is more of a bodge, and they would prefer to use the actual plugs.

Yes & you should listen to them, they're telling you what they should be.

You need to cut, join, solder, heatshrink, wrap & fix in new connectors wires, along with some sealant.

I may have some jobs up in that area if of use.

Reactions: Indy
Went to the bodyshop on Saturday and turns out that they couldn't fit the fogs because they weren't using the repair wires. They had dropped into the spare wheel well when I took all the parts down to get fitted, so it is actually a really straight forward job.

How do these people manage to take a dump without help!!!

Atleast it is all sorted now.

The reason I was originally confused is because I thought they were using the repair wires I provided, so in turn it made me look stupid posting a thread on here!

Just a case of finding time to get it sorted now. May just leave them disconnected for the meantime and get them done at the same time as something else such as cruise or MFSW etc.

Hey I'll do it for you if you need other stuff done at same time

Hey I'll do it for you if you need other stuff done at same time

Thank you Nigel, I wouldn't ask you to come to mine just do the fogs, that's a bit unfair on you. So will definitely get in touch about this once I've collected some other bits and pieces together :)

Did you sort this now as I have some jobs up your way soon.

It will be sorted soon Nigel, just not had the time to get it done because I've needed the car everyday.

The repair wires are the same. Not sure about the loom plugs.