s-line conversion done. And a dash of votex !

Scottie, the S-Line badge you have for the FK-Grille, do you happen to know the part number? Apparently there are two A3 style S-Line Grille badges with different fitment.

4F0 853 736 B - S-Line Grille only

8P4 853 736 A - Single Grille (Pre-S-Line I think)

Does it matter? Which did you go for?

Cheers

I tried both and neither fitted!

I tried asking FK, and they didnt know what badge would fit either. They suggested the 2 part numbers you listed.

In the end, I modified one to fit.

Basically removed the s line badge from the bracket it is on, trimmed it down in width and stuck it on with araldite :)

Hope that helps !

Hi Scottie

Do you have the Seat part number for the splitter and can you please confirm what is needed and involved with the fitting?

Sorry mate :crying:

the fitting is just cutting tow plastic bits to size and self tapping screws for the fixings

splitter p/no is 1ML 805 903

All you need is some self tapping screws about 15-20mm long, a drill with a bit to put pilot holes through, a hacksaw to trim the 2 centre lugs down and a screwdriver :rockwoot:

Remember to put it on with masking tape first.

That way , you can have a look at it from all angles and make sure it is all in line before you finally fix it.

It will look the nuts on red!

Little update.

Added my laminex today, piece of piddle to fit with zero bubbles!

Brilliant stuff :)

Photo01192.jpg

Photo01182.jpg

Also trying out some spoiler turbos.......................

Photo01262.jpg

Nice one Scottie - Car is coming along nicely now - looks the part :)

Sick of waiting for the work to start on mine and seeing these threads of conversions and mini mods doesnt help! :)

Wow, ace. Its looking really good mate. Liking the laminex too. Will it effect the light output too much?? and can you use it over xenons???

Good job done!

Wow, ace. Its looking really good mate. Liking the laminex too. Will it effect the light output too much?? and can you use it over xenons???

Good job done!

According to the lamin-x site, there is a 5% light reduction, so hardly any :) When I put some uprated bulbs in, it will be brighter than standard anyway

xenons......no problem....many have done it!

haha, its black though :( was trying to stay away from all of the work with a black haha

my boss has just got a new s3 sportback in black

Freinkin lovely!

Looks wicked mate,proper stealth with the laminX :icon_thumright:

Wasn't 100% on Laminex previously. Now I've seen yours I'm into it, looking good!!!

Looks wicked mate,proper stealth with the laminX :icon_thumright:

Thanks mate! Slowly getting there :)

Looks awesome mate :icon_thumright:
GunSmoke?

Thanks! no, it is tint. The lamin-x is strange stuff, it can go from looking very dark in situation to nigh on clear in another.

love it, front end looks sweet now!! :icon_thumright:

Thanks m8! Could do with your rims though :)

I think your car would suit a black roof!

I think I am going to go down the total black/blue route. First thing I NEED to do is sort the alloys. Either matt blacking the current ones or getting some different rims. Just the mod fund is now low atm after the last few months!

Wasn't 100% on Laminex previously. Now I've seen yours I'm into it, looking good!!!

Will look good on your car 4NT, it is the best Audi colour in the world.....I'm not biased at all :)

Another little update :)

Fitted my S line/S3 spoiler :wub:

Absolutely loving it

Photo0131.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo0127.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Spoiler looks good, finishes the back end off nicely! See you are winning this race at the mo lol.

I did have a head start though Sarah!

Pull your finger out and get your front bumper :icon_thumright:

haha, remeber youve a xenon conversion to do before you can win though scottie!

Lol Phil!

No need....the tint hides my poverty spec lights :rockwoot:

But if a set come up from a salvaged s3, I may be very interested:p wink wink

haha well im not 100% yet but i will have (providing i can get teh facelift lights at the right price-im allways one for burning money just not setting it on fire haha) a set of ballasts and one xenone headlamp, the other ones ****** and i wouldnt sell it to anyone though i should think you can grab another housing off the bay. ill be in touch just got a lot on my plate atm obvo, youve got first dibs

Scottie / Madluke (if you're about) - when you got the S-Line fogs and fog grilles did you get the (torx?) screws with the fog lamps or did you have to buy the screws to fit the parts seperately?

Are they torx screws?