S line? BE? totally confused

AndyC555

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum and I'm ordering C8 A6 Avant but after a chat with the dealer I'm still totally confused. I don't want any chrome on the car and I want tinted windows. So do I order an

SE?
S Line?
Black Edition?
S line Black edition? (if there is such a thing)

I've decided the Tech pack is a must. Also, if I wanted a flat bottom steering wheel is that part of any "pack" or just ordered separate?

Many thanks.

The list is
Sport
Sline
Black edition
Vorsprung

You wasn’t black edition but I think the steering wheel is in the vorsprung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was wrong the black edition comes with the flat bottom too

OP, the Black Edition comes with everything you're looking for except the Tech pack. To save a bit of money, some folks go for the S Line and then get the car de-chromed & get tinted windows through third party companies but its a personal choice.

Btw i've also gone for a Black Edition A6 Avant (Glacier White) + Tech pack, will be picking it up in ~ 2 weeks and will post lots of photos here. That may help you decide :)

Last edited:
the BE wasn’t on option when I got mine and I couldn’t afford it either, so I’m got the chrome wrapped. Personally I would get the comfort and sound pack and wrap the car rather than the BE. Yes the wheels are nice but I’d love without them.

Get the tech pack I have it
My sline has factory privacy windows but it has chrome trim

Many thanks for all the replies. They have been very helpful. I'm definitely getting tech pack and I'll seriously consider just having the chrome bits wrapped and the windows tinted 3rd party. To me the window tint from factory doesn't look dark enough. I've had 5% limo tint on all my pervious cars.

The standard tint is pretty dark, at least you can make your mind up when you get it.

So waiting for the car to the exact spec I wanted was going to take too long. So I bought a 2018 A6 Avant black edition with just 5000 miles on the clock. 20" 5 twin spoke wheels, Brilliant black, S-line bumpers, full valcona leather, piano black interior trim, front sports seats, s-line sports suspension, pre sense plus, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, parking system plus, LED headlights and dynamic rear indicators, tinted windows.

After 4 years in a Porsche Cayman this is very different.

So waiting for the car to the exact spec I wanted was going to take too long. So I bought a 2018 A6 Avant black edition with just 5000 miles on the clock. 20" 5 twin spoke wheels, Brilliant black, S-line bumpers, full valcona leather, piano black interior trim, front sports seats, s-line sports suspension, pre sense plus, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, parking system plus, LED headlights and dynamic rear indicators, tinted windows.

After 4 years in a Porsche Cayman this is very different.

Sounds like quite a decent spec! Which engine does it have?

Hope you are happy with it so far! It’s definitely a different class of car to a Cayman in itself, not to say better or worse but can’t really compare the two. I used to regularly drive a 996 Carrera 4 some years ago and whilst a great and fun car, unfortunately not something practical as a daily driver, but still have fond memories of it.

Engine is only a 2 litre TDI Ultra 190bhp. Surprisingly nice torque though.