S-Line and S-Line "Special"

OutLore

VOIP Dude
Reaction score
What's the difference? The Special Ed seems to be cheaper, which is odd, but it's only available with the 2.0T engine...

Anyone know how long the Special will be around? (If it's worth ordering?)

Didn't the special edition come with full leather instead of 1/2 leather seats.

It does and that's the only difference that I can see.

The price and the leather. If you're after a 2.0T then I think it's a bit of a no brainer.

rich1068 said:
The price and the leather. If you're after a 2.0T then I think it's a bit of a no brainer.

It would seem that way... I'm not going to be able to order it for at least another 3 months, so I hope the Special Ed is still around then...

Thanks for the replies

The special edition also comes with the S-Line exterior pack as standard which was(and might still be) an extra on a normal S-Line.

dandle said:
The special edition also comes with the S-Line exterior pack as standard which was(and might still be) an extra on a normal S-Line.
The separate exterior S-line styling pack used to be separate to the standard S-line spec but is now integrated into it for simplicity. I'm trying to remember how much the two seperate S-Line spec and styling packs were before they were amalgamated but I can't.

I remember because I ordered it. S-Line was £1k, Styling pack was £1k and upgrading half leather to full leather was £750. I refused that car due to the SE coming out and reordered an SE saving about £1800inc vat.

Ah right, so the all-in-one s-line pack is now £1500, saving £500 over the previous two options, i.e. a £500 saving unless there's something else they dropped in the switch. Was the styling pack literally just the front and rear bumpers plus the roof spoiler? A grand for that seems a bit bloomin' steep but then this is Audi we're talking about.

I added Leath/Alc seats to my current car but unfortunately you can't get these on the S-line (gits) so have left it with the standard Leath/Speedcloth as I don't like full leather seats.

TDI-line said:
Is this a company car Spence. :)

Of course!! Although it depends on whether there are any suitable cars for my grade going begging. Hopefully I might be upped a grade by then and I can get an A4 Avant, instead of an A3 and buy my own transit van.

I need to make sure I apply when there are no spare cars available.