S-line Amalfi Vs Brilliant Red

MatthijsR

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm very close to ordering a new A3 SB S-line but I'm still not sure about the colour.
Due to budget reasons I cant afford a metallic paint. Black I dont like so I'm left with either Brilliant Red or Amalfi white.

For the last one I've found lots of pictures, but for the red one not so much.
So who here has a brilliant red Audi and what do you think of it? (maybe share some pictures)

Brilliant red A3 saloon, if it helps buddy

Looked really nice :)

There are loadsa white Audis about; I had one, a white 8P S3. So I chose this:
eqls.jpg

Reactions: illingworth22
Amalfi is not white... it's more like a beige/cream colour. Looks horrible IMO.

Reactions: too hot
Amalfi White is an excellent colour. Would take some comments with a pinch of salt until you see it in the flesh yourself.....

Looks excellent on the S3.....amazing how many people comment on the colour, it gets a lot of love.

4973e958e8689e718d13ef4ec8eaf5ad.jpg

77df0ef7a7b305d337e3bb225cb0a86f.jpg

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Amalfi white = poor man's Glacier white

Reactions: jaguar1187 and Pulp84
Lol - I dropped £36k on an S3 but couldn't stretch to metallic paint as spent my last few £££'s on LED headlights.

Money well spent on those LED's I say...... :think:

I had a brilliant red 8P and polished up it looked stunning!
Cant go wrong with it imo:icon thumright:

Hopefully my boss will sign the contract tomorrow for a Amalfi white Pro Line S (Dutch version with loads of nice options)

Reactions: Pulp84
I'm thinking of a nearly new A3 sport back S Line in Misano Red. People saying the resale value suffers ?

Hi guys BTW , this forum is a great help in choosing what spec to go for .
From an Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed guy .

resale value will be great coming from an Alfa :p

Buy a car for what you want, not for you expect to get back afterwards

thats what i m thinking, looks good with grey wheels . and lots of extras .

Last edited:
Amalfi white was one of the easiest specification decision my wife and I made.

It was 'free' which helped.

The wife didn't want blue. We both didn't want yet another grey or silver Audi. We wanted a colour that got noticed, so black didn't cut it. Brilliant red just doesn't look right for an Audi IMO. Glacier seemed a bit too plasticky.

Now that we've got it I still like it, but the more I see silver A3s the more I like them...

IMG_20140413_170515.jpg

what u guys think ?

Attachments

• HighResImage.aspx.jpeg
    HighResImage.aspx.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 273
Colour is such a personal thing but you did ask ...
For me Amalfi is too creamy and not a real white. I have an Ibis white TT and would have selected that without a moment's hesitation had it been available. So Glacier it had to be and I'm very pleased with it. Next to the TT it has a slightly colder (i.e. more blue) tinge but I don't often park them next to each other.
But given a choice between "free" colours I guess I'd select Amalfi. Or maybe blue ......

Never been a fan of the off white colours.
I believe I've heard the amalfi referred to as man muck white ha
Not a huge fan of white to start with but the glacier white would be my choice

Glacier White

Last edited:
Apart from all the photos on this forum I also found it very useful when trying to decide on the colour for my car to look through the pictures of used cars on the audi uk website. You can filter on SB and s-line and the colour so can quickly see several different cars in either Amalfi or Brilliant. Note that as far as I can see you can filter on colour groups only e.g. White - so your search will yield both glacier and Amalfi white cars and Milano and brilliant for the red cars. If you go for the national option rather than a fixed mileage from your post code you should have plenty to look at.

For me it was the Brilliant Red and the car looks stunning - but I do also really like the Amalfi white cars I have seen. I was also tempted by several of the metallics.

Well it was a hard choice, but I saw an A3 SB in amalfi white at the dealer and I was sold, so I ordered one :)