rwd s3 / quattro to rwd conversion ??

mclean1988

Reaction score
hi all,

after reading the quattro to 2wd thread i was wondering if any one had converted a s3 to RWD and if it was even possible. also if someone could explain the difference between a normal haldex controller and a after market "blue " version ???

blue one reacts faster and puts the power to rear more of the time.

only way to make the s3 RWD or even permanent 4WD is using the drive train off a proper quattro, or proper rear drive car.
LOTS of modification and fabrication

Wasnt there an orange one to? Or did i dream that? Rwd will probably never be done and on a car with short wheelbase probably for the best. Bet it would be a pig! Focus on getting a good chassis set up and make use of the 4wd. My opinion. Daz

Anyone attempting to make an S3 rwd using the original transmission is stupid. I doubt it would sustain OEM 210/225bhp nevermind remapped power!

The competition one engages the rear wheels under braking which the blue does not.
I bet this would make a huge difference and for about the same price i know what i would buy.

1.8t rwd car being built by badger 5 crew.......... in a ford pop, for drag racing.
ibiza 1.8t engine, custom bell housing, cossy gearbox, shortened big **** USA yank tank axle, spooled-no diff.......
complete one day this century....