Rustynlc's.....S3.....thread

rustynlc

Reaction score
I've had the s3 for a few months now (upgraded from my 1.8t ajq Quattro)
I love the S3, it was completely standard when I got, APY 2000, full service history and even has full black leather Recaro interior (either love it or hate it).

Reactions: Clart
This thread is going to be a minor mod (baby on way) and a maintenance/upkeep thread, that being said so far I've updated the coil packs to nice red ones, poly bushed the dog bone mount, arb bushes, stainless steel adjustable rear track arms, lowered on apex springs, and then I chucked some 19inch Lambo rims on, (I'll let you decide if they are genuine or fakes )
a few little bug bears with the car, the dash pixels, and cts up the swany, I've fixed the cts but the dash pixels.......I'll live with it, I've got a scorpion decat in the garage, and a ram air filter with heat shield, if I get an hour over the weekend I may fit them to see the noise! Looking at getting a tip as soon as I source one!

Badger tip is a good call

Reactions: rustynlc
I'm thinking a badger tip, was looking on his website but couldn't find anything on there so will call and place an order

Cheers tufts, How I couldn't find that is baffling, but then again I spend my days playing with spanners and sockets..... computer illiterate some say lol

Really like the look of the car man. More pics needed tho. Wheels look great in 19!!!

The rims look evil!! Makes it look hard as nails lol.

More pics are needed !!

this rims look awesome on your car mate - i like it a lot :rock:

Sorry it's been a while! Not had chance to do much as a new baby in the household, but now we finally mastered a routine I can start tinkering again .
So they say it comes in threes, and they weren't wrong, this week has seen a split Oem tip, a seized nsr caliper and now a leak from the interior light!!!! The caliper---sorted, the spilt tip-replacement silicone 3" tip ordered and on its way, the leak-----pass!! It cant be the sunroof as I don't have one, so I'll strip the roof lining out at the weekend to investigate.
iv got a few bits up together to chuck on the motor, a set of 'red' genuine coil packs, just need to source the adapter/s as mine are bolt downs, a set of face light headlights (hella brand) brand new cost me £80 for both,
Silicone hose kit for the coolant system and silicone vacuum pipe kit from ramair, all in black as I want to keep the engine bay looking standard, also got an s2000 air filter, this weekend I'll be getting a few of these items fitted. I'll upload pics before and after over the weekend, plus some more of the car itself,

the leak-----pass!! It cant be the sunroof as I don't have one, so I'll strip the roof lining out at the weekend to investigate.

Might be worth checking the aerial base hasn't perished. Also check its creating a tight seal to the roof by tightening the clamp nut. You can access it by prying off the rear courtesy light assembly. That's a very decent price for Hella headlights. Are they Xenon Hellas? I paid a fortune for mine!!

Cheers s3mad_dude I'll have a browse and see if that's the issue, I called a favour in with my local parts place owner, being in the trade has its bonuses. Yeah xenon Hellas, is seen them for like £140 per a side!!! It's crazy money,

so i fitted the tip today, and noticed some 'in and out' play in my turbo!! new one will be ordered tomorrow, got no issues at the moment but can't afford to be without a car! looks like its gina be a right she in the nads to do!!! I'm also wanting to do a pcv delete! but not sure the best catch can to get. will post pics up tomorrow

I think in/out play of a mm or so is fine isn't it?

I have a catch can but it is a lot bigger than the space if you get a 1litre and expect to put near the air filter box / heat shield, so at the moment I have put the puck straight into the TIP and only 1/4 done the PCV delete and catch can, I am unsure about the removal of the 1 way valve as the turbo will suck in air and if the filter is blocked without the one way valve it will surely suck in anything from the catch can, puck, rocker, and oil filter breather?

if in doubt, and depending on how the catch can is designed the inlet should'nt touch the outlet and there should be some sort of mesh/gauze in there, vent outlet into tip..

Reactions: rustynlc
this is the one I have, quite a good build but impossible to get into and totally empty.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361301561567

I mounted it between the tip and battery on the heat shield but without elbows etc just impossible to get the silicon hose connected up.

I will try and get a brillo pad into it and a gauze across the outlet.

yeah its a bit more than a mm or two of shaft play! no side to side though! i recieved my replacement turbo today so when i get five and have the patience i will get it fitted. i got it from tps so it comes with new tungston bolts and fitting kit. Ill probably go down that route bill.

have some parts to fit!, a genuine bosch maf sensor, as mine keeps chucking a code so think its on the blink,
an s2000 air filter, as the set up i have ordered has yet to turn up, and as i chucked the 80mm tip on at the weekend i haven't been able to drive the car as have had no filter! the pictured gasket as mine is starting to seep oil on the corner nearest the battery, the scorpion decat pipe iv had for a while, had it on my previous motor but just took a pic as I'm going to pop that on at some point. and the a new k04 turbo! I'm not looking forward to replacing that! but it has to be done, i choose against the hybrid route as i figured there is a lot more involved than just the hybrid turbo. and with the misses and kids i can't go chucking too much cash away! ill add some pics of the turbo replacement, may even do a how to if there isn't already one on here.

Attachments

• img_3245.jpg
    img_3245.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • img_3247.jpg
    img_3247.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • img_3248.jpg
    img_3248.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 78
  • img_3249.jpg
    img_3249.jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 76
have a great weekend :)

just popping out around the block to test the service parts on the car - again :)