Rusty doors on A3 - Warranty experience

Graham89

Derv Perv
Reaction score
Well as some of you know the bottom of the doors tend to rust under the door trim that can creep up and bubble up the door. I had my drivers door replaced last summer under the 12 year rust warranty. The door was completely replaced due to the fact I had chunks falling off when the door shut hard.
The passenger side has gone the same way so Audi have agreed to replace the passenger door under a 'good will gesture'. They have had the car a month! In the first week of the approved bodyshop having the car they had 2 cars stolen. I'm not sure what cars though, suspicions raised when I was told it would take another 3 weeks to be completed.

Anyway I picked the car up tonight and it looked very good and very clean considering it was filthy when they took it in, However the wipers don't work so i'm not sure what has really been going on. So I have had to get back into the hire car and leave my car with Audi again. I'm so p**** off as it's taken so long. At least they are dealing with my issues I suppose but it's damn annoying!

Depends on what the hire car is? If it's something nice I wouldn't be too bothered. :thumbsup:

I think your lucky audi repaired it for you, they are good at wiggling out of corrosion issues. My drivers door is rusting too.

They declined mine first but I complained to Audi UK who the re opened the case and got an independent assessment. The warranty says the corrosion has to be from inside metal out. The rust was under a trim so there was no way stone chips etc could cause this problem. They eventually gave in and agreed to repair the corrosion.

Yes the courtesy cats are good. First of all I had a citroen C1 though which wasn't do cool. Then a brand new A3 s line and now the a4 s line.