Rust!!

RSON19

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents

I don't know if I'm the only one but i appear to have a rusty calliper (see photo).

It's not the whole calliper as such but the cylindrical upper and lower part as well as the bleed nipple bolt. It's infuriating!

Richie

Attachments

• IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 197
It's a part that is open and exposed to the elements, its not very well protected in terms of paint compared to the rest of the body and most of all it experiences EXTREME heat cycles every single time you drive it.....nothing really out of the ordinary.

However if it is still under warranty you could try and get Audi to sort it for free, but I personally would be more inclined to just paint the calipers and looking at your pictures even the caliper body is covered in corrosion, but as it's not steel (alloy or aluminium??) the corrosion is showing as white spots all over the caliper body instead of red rust.

What are the wheels being cleaned with?. Some wheel cleaning solutions can be quite aggressive and lead to corrosion of unprotected surfaces such as the caliper body .

I've just spoken to Audi now and they said 'it's a characteristic' of cars so isn't covered under warranty. Was worth a go!

As for cleaning products used, I've only used AutoGlym and I believe the valeter I use also swears by the same.

Annoying but something I guess I'll have to live with.

Richie

I would paint them.

Dark wheels on white car, it only ask for something shouting in shade.
If not red, go for yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk