Rust warrenty

ScottS

Reaction score
my 2009 a4 has a bit of rust forming on the boot where it meets the inner lights, took it to Audi who agreed to replace the roof under warranty but say it's a 70-30 split between them and the customer, the 30% I would have to pay is around the £300 mark,
Has anyone had experience of the rust warrenty and had the same thing?

Sounds odd, rust is protected by a 12 year warentee from date of first registration, which suggests that Audi warentee any cost and will repair it.
I dont believe you should be paying anything tbh, phone Audi main office and they should advise you and the audi dealership doing the work.

Body protection warranty
All current Audi vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against rust attacking the internal cavities of the bodywork for 12 years from the date of first registration.

The only preconditions are:

• The defect must be reported to a member of the Audi authorised network as soon as it is discovered. This must, of course, be within the warranty period
  • The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance, or by external perforation from the inside out
  • A member of the Audi authorised network must be advised about any perforation from the inside out immediately it is found
  • All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, using only approved parts and materials, in order to maintain the original level of anti-corrosion protection

They offered me this on my old a3, can probably get it done cheaper from a indie bodyshop, the ones audi use jack up the price massively.
They always try and squirm out of the body corrosion warranty, there's massive threads on it in the a3 8l section. I'd ask for a exact reason why they are not covering 100% of the costs

Cheers, I will be doing, I've phoned Audi main office and they will get back to me before Tuesday regarding the matter, hopefully will be able to resolve the issue or have a good reason why they've put this offer to me

Cheers, I will be doing, I've phoned Audi main office and they will get back to me before Tuesday regarding the matter, hopefully will be able to resolve the issue or have a good reason why they've put this offer to me
Would also like to know this as my avant has some rust that I would like to get sorted, what did you say when you went to the dealership ?

I rang ahead and asked them about the warrenty, they asked me to come In so they could take some pictures and send them to Audi, they did this and rang me back around 3 weeks later with the 70/30 offer as they would just change the boot lid instead of messing about

my b8 58 had its whole boot replaced under warranty at the cost of £850 under audis paint warranty, will be going in again as new boot has started to bubble where it meets the boot seal.