Rust & Warranty

Tom Virgin

Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone had any dealings with audi over the apparent 12 year body & paint warranty?

The rear arches on my estate have bubbled up and broken through the paint, dealer I bought it off had someone badly spray over it with a rattle can but I want to know if there’s any likely comeback from Audi or if I can just crack on and get it sorted myself at home

Any thoughts ?

Hi guys, has anyone had any dealings with audi over the apparent 12 year body & paint warranty?

The rear arches on my estate have bubbled up and broken through the paint, dealer I bought it off had someone badly spray over it with a rattle can but I want to know if there’s any likely comeback from Audi or if I can just crack on and get it sorted myself at home

Any thoughts ?
Audi wont touch it if its had a repair in the past is what i got when i went to my local dealer for the 12 year paint corrison

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Audi did both sides of my old bus free of charge last july under the 12year warranty and one rear wing had be repainted aswell in 2016

Audi wont touch it if its had a repair in the past is what i got when i went to my local dealer for the 12 year paint corrison

Quite happy to scrub off the crap that’s on there and make it look like it hasn’t been done

Did you just take it in or book appointment with them ?

Audi did both sides of my old bus free of charge last july under the 12year warranty and one rear wing had be repainted aswell in 2016

Had your warranty been registered and then transferred between owners do you know?

Quite happy to scrub off the **** that’s on there and make it look like it hasn’t been done

Did you just take it in or book appointment with them ?
Just drove in as only 10 min drive from me had 2 people come out and spend about 20/30 mins looking all over car and then chexked paint work i did say it had been respayed at some point but they said nothing they could do as been repaied and not original paint work.

I am the second owner of my old bus , the audi approved used warranty that came with the car in 2014 expired in june 2015 but the manafacturers corrosion warranty just moved with the car , I think it expired in Jan this year, I never had any issues with audi as they agreed to the work and it was done, had a few issues with the firm that audi sub-contracted the repair out too though but that's another story.