1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rust on rear wheel arch - should I get it repaired?

Whywouldntyouwantanaudi Aug 10, 2018 at 7:09 PM

1. Whywouldntyouwantanaudi

Whywouldntyouwantanaudi New Member

Hi All,

About 6 months ago I noticed what looked like an 'extra layer' of paint (no physical sign of chip or damage external to paint) and the paint wasn't bubbling either. Couple of months later the 'extra layer' flaked and now it's gone rusty. I'm guessing this was caused by a chip or something which got under the paint.

Any idea how much this would cost to get repaired by a decent bodyshop? Should I get it repaired by a bodyshop or is there something I can do to make it look less bad and protect from further rust?

Thanks
    Will

IMG_1718.jpg IMG_1720.jpg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

I have the same problem, was considering a thin layer of clear plastidip until I get it repaired. Curious what the pros suggest

4. Whywouldntyouwantanaudi

Whywouldntyouwantanaudi New Member

5. samisnake

samisnake Active Member

6. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Active Member Team Daytona Audi RS5 Owners Group

If it were me I’d be heading to Halfords for some Kurust and a touch-up stick.

7. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User Team Sepang Audi S3

That looks like stone chip damage, that was left and now rust has set in... Take it to a paint shop and get a quote to repair it. Different shops will give you different numbers, so shop around.
    I'm lucky in that I have a very good shop not far from me and they match the paint very well, plus good prices for quality workmanship.

8. Hedski

Hedski Member

What’s name of body shop as I’m SW London and need similar as there’s bubbling on my OSF arch.