running temps

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
What are you guys finding your temps are on a normal run. I had a management light come on a couple of weeks ago and the fault was a valve in the coolant system, the light went out on its own but i had the code cleared and the car drives perfectly. Im finding I'm running at 99/100ish. I always thought it was around the 90's before the fault but I can't remember... Thanks

What are you guys finding your temps are on a normal run. I had a management light come on a couple of weeks ago and the fault was a valve in the coolant system, the light went out on its own but i had the code cleared and the car drives perfectly. Im finding I'm running at 99/100ish. I always thought it was around the 90's before the fault but I can't remember... Thanks

Anywhere between 90-110 depending on weather. I drive petty hard though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My oil temps hits 105+ on my slow commute.
Coolant hovers around 90

Oil was always around 100-105 degrees if I remember rightly. Can't remember coolant.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My oil I think I've seen go upto 105, 97-103 is typically more normal for me.

No idea about coolant..

Thanks people, I'm probably thinking of a previous car running cooler. All's well it seems.

I do find the oil temps get a bit high on the s3 but this seems normal from what I’ve read.
Can remember my old track car barely hit over 100 after a few laps and I’m seeing higher than this cruising to work in the mornings.

I’m using different oil but mine stays at 100 most of the time.

Nowadays I'm seeing 110 regularly driving round London. 102 on the motorway

I do find the oil temps get a bit high on the s3 but this seems normal from what I’ve read.
Can remember my old track car barely hit over 100 after a few laps and I’m seeing higher than this cruising to work in the mornings.

Oil temp is managed depending on engine load. Light loading = higher oil temp for best oil performance.
Hard driving, oil temp is lowered slightly to help cool engine under stress. Though here is a lag time so we aren’t talking visible differences from roundabout to straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Starry and AlS3BE
Usually always over 100 and normally goes up to 104 / 105 with me.

Reactions: Starry