Running costs for B7 RS4 Vs S3

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
As the thread states I want to know from previous or current B7 RS4 Avant owners the running costs of the said car. I am about to increase the size of the Brodie family (no not a baby) and think the S3 is slightly too small. I was looking at the RS3 but dont wanna blow all my money on one car. I have had a look at the B7 RS4 and love it and a good one can be had for as little as 20k with FSH and fully loaded (07 to 08 plate) Theres lots on Pistonheads and my mate is looking out for one in the Audi garage. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Include things such as fuel, tax, servicing etc etc. I just want a good insight into how much it will cost me compared to the S3.

Do it Mark... just do it.

As I just said to jdas03, I'll dig out the old service receipts and give you some actual numbers.

Figures up in the other thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: IQ
Get a Rs4 registered before 23th March 2006 and you will have cheap tax :)

Get a Rs4 registered before 23th March 2006 and you will have cheap tax :)
The difference is only around £200 per year, which is a whole lot less than the other costs (fuel, insurance, tyres, servicing,...) so I'd ignore that small saving and look at a well maintained newer car - which could easily save you more than £200 in lower servicing bills.

The difference is only around £200 per year, which is a whole lot less than the other costs (fuel, insurance, tyres, servicing,...) so I'd ignore that small saving and look at a well maintained newer car - which could easily save you more than £200 in lower servicing bills.

It matters to me because my car is booked to my business so the higher the tax band the less i can get back off tax.

It matters to me because my car is booked to my business so the higher the tax band the less i can get back off tax.
But to anyone who pays their own bills having a newer car with lower mileage (and probably cheaper repair & servicing bills) is likely to be a better (cheaper) bet.

But to anyone who pays their own bills having a newer car with lower mileage (and probably cheaper repair & servicing bills) is likely to be a better (cheaper) bet.
It would still be a small benefit.

It would still be a small benefit.
You reckon? - the older the car the more likely it is to need expensive work done to it, and that would soon gobble up the small benefit.

Here's an example - my July 2006 RS4 needed new front discs and pads, plus a new OSR shock absorber and DRC valve block this summer - total cost when fitted £3000.

If you're worried about £200 per year, then IMHO you can't afford to run an RS4.

You reckon? - the older the car the more likely it is to need expensive work done to it, and that would soon gobble up the small benefit.

Here's an example - my July 2006 RS4 needed new front discs and pads, plus a new OSR shock absorber and DRC valve block this summer - total cost when fitted £3000.

True, it would be hard to find one registered before 23 March anyway and will take a long time.

If you're worried about £200 per year, then IMHO you can't afford to run an RS4.

True, it would be hard to find one registered before 23 March anyway and will take a long time.

Just waiting for the final phone call tomorrow and this baby will be mine....cant wait.

RS42.jpg

RS4.jpg

There's a silver avant in Aberdeen that I drive past most days, looks really good in the metal (though doesn't show the arches etc in photos as well). Looks a nice motor though, and you managed to get one through Audi too. You'll have to get on at Shark to develop a map (which I'd volunteer for to help with, if they need test cars?), and I assume Milltek is already ordered?